question

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
B. Craniifer? I don't doubt the seller, it's just I was always told that they HAD to have the "face" on their head or they weren't B. Craniifer.

Attachments

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Compare them to the pics here:

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/Roaches/

I might entertain the idea of contacting the seller and supply the pics you have here unless maybe that is a recently molted mature roach and hasn't hardened all the way. Mistakes do happen...you could just ask the seller outright about his opinion of the picture as to what species it is.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, the reason I don't doubt it is because it's Roachman that sold them to me.

It's just the whole face thing.

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HHHmmmmm?

The only thing is...........my B. discoidales does not have the darker border or marking to the back. They are just that beige- gold color all the way back, very uniform in color. But........who knows?:?

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm far from an expert, but I'm willing to bet they aren't B. discoidales. I seem to remember they only get an inch to an inch and a half. That wasn't the biggest one I have, some hit 2 inches and exceed it.

Other than the whole face thing, they seem like B. Craniifer. But they're also a little lighter in color than the B. Craniifer pics I've seen. (THe lighting sucked in that picture, normally the whole wing isn't black.)

ROACHMAN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
3 DIFFERENT COLOR MORPS

BLABERUS CRANIIFER ( DEATH HEADS) SOMETIMES THEY DON'T HAVE THE FACE ALSO THEY COME IN 3 DIFFERENT COLORS LIGHT BROWN,, DARK BROWN,, AND BLACK ALL PRODUCE BY ME :) I AM TRYING FOR A VERY LIGHT ALMOST PASTEL COLOR ONE---- ROACHMAN :}

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats good to know.....alot of places you read that without the face or black wings they aren't B. craniifer.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks, Roachman. I have a tendency to worry about dumb little things like that :p

It's not that I really cared much if they turned out to be something else (They're still just as big) I was just curious for the sake of curiousity or something like that.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have one of my typical blunt questions: what on gods green Earth is the point of breeding non-faced morphs? If I paid typical B. crannifer prices for a roach it had darn well better have the face no matter what it might be taxonomically speaking. No face and I'd be right ticked off if I paid one cent more than B. discoidales.

ROACHMAN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
DEATH HEADS

A DISCOIDALIS IS A DISCOIDALIS BUT A CRANIIFER IS A CRANIIFER NO MATTER WHAT PERIOD ;P

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: DEATH HEADS

Originally posted by ROACHMAN
A DISCOIDALIS IS A DISCOIDALIS BUT A CRANIIFER IS A CRANIIFER NO MATTER WHAT PERIOD ;P
I understand that part, but a major part of the appeal of a death's head roach is that it has the death's head. No death's head and it may very well still be B. crannifer, but it's not a death's head and not anything more than a feeder roach at that point from my p.o.v.

ROACHMAN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thats what all roaches are for something else to eat even though the adults don't have the face the young will when they grow up!! :}