Question for people who have taken care of GBBs slings...

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
@AngelDeVille Looks great I like it, here in Asturias, Spain is hard to find cork bark in apropiate size, all I could find are big pieces of more than one foot for bigger animals like big adult iguana...
Just break it into smaller pieces. It breaks pretty easy by hand or use power tools to cut it.

ic32k

Arachnopeon
Just break it into smaller pieces. It breaks pretty easy by hand or use power tools to cut it.
I know but with that sizes is not practical at all, I'm talking about a piece that has 2 or 3 inches thick and more than 1 foot long the smallest one, and the price is so expensive...
I'm searching for something that can be used for the same, with the b.hamorii I carved a piece of pine to make the hide, but is no aesthetic at all

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
I know but with that sizes is not practical at all, I'm talking about a piece that has 2 or 3 inches thick and more than 1 foot long the smallest one, and the price is so expensive...
I'm searching for something that can be used for the same, with the b.hamorii I carved a piece of pine to make the hide, but is no aesthetic at all
Are there any online reptile stores you could purchase from? They should have wider selection and maybe a little cheaper prices.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
I've noticed my GBBs tend to 'forget' they have a water dish. I'll usually give a spray or two on the walls/webbing after a molt and they go right for it.

Like others are saying, I'd rehouse into something bigger if I were you, and +1 on the broad surfaces for webbing. I use silk aquarium plants.

This was when I just rehoused the spider, there's been a lot of webbing since then.

ic32k

Arachnopeon
I bought a new enclosure for her (I hope to be a she) 10"x6,5" x 5"tall but I think is so big for a tiny sling of 1,5" legspan, as she didn't ate yet looks so small, is so cute :p however, the obt will soon need something this big because they arrived at the same time and it is already 5 times bigger ...
Today I will look for some crickets maybe if she detects more movement than the mealworm her instinct will wake up

TreebeardGoddess

Arachnosquire
My GBB looks about the same size as yours. He varies on how quickly after a molt he waits before eating, but going a week sounds about right. He also doesn't make really thick webbing, but more like a thin layer that holds dirt over the entire container. He has a cholla wood piece that I bought from a plant nursery for his hide, so that may be an option too.