Question about T's value.

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
Hello-

If this is the wrong place to post this question please move it =)

I'm hoping to find out what some of my T's might be worth if I was to sell them.

Avicularia geroldi - 4' unsexed (survived a cat attack, left scar on cats nose. Survived 40 days in my bedroom hidden (i thought cat ate him). Pretty stout spider for being an immature avic!
Poecilotheria miranda - 4.5' female
Poecilotheria subfusca - 3' unsexed (lowland)
Ephebopus cyanognathus - 3' unsexed
Grammostola pulchra - 5' immature male, next molt should be his ultimate.
Grammostola rosea - 8'? Mature male, he's a whopper.
Pterinochilus murinus - 5-6' Mature female. I haven't measured in awhile, she is the biggest I've owned though so I'm leaning on 6 inches.

Last edited:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
It might take a bit of searching but you can open the classified section on AB and use the "search forum" function for each species
In the brown header (top right) to get an idea of what the have sold for in the past.
When/if you get ready to sell I'm interested in the A. geroldi. I live in Washington also, so maybe no shipping involved.
GL :)

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. miranda is worth over $100. I would go with ~$150, I guess. Not experienced with pokies.

When the male G. rosea matured is important information. Maybe $50?

I would say the murinus could be sold anywhere between $40 to maybe 70 dollars; I would probably throw down $60. Her size does sound very enticing, so she may be worth more.

That's all I got. Take it with a grain of salt.

Good luck selling them!

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
P. miranda is worth over $100. I would go with ~$150, I guess. Not experienced with pokies.

I would say the murinus could be sold anywhere between $40 to maybe 70 dollars; I would probably throw down $60. Her size does sound very enticing, so she may be worth more.

Good luck selling them!
Thanks. Darn, was really hoping the P miranda female would be worth a little more, she is gorgeous. Might just have to hang onto her if that's all she's worth.

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks. Darn, was really hoping the P miranda female would be worth a little more, she is gorgeous. Might just have to hang onto her if that's all she's worth.
From what I can tell based on past for sale threads from various boards, it seems that female P. miranda tend to sell for around $150 across the board.

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
It might take a bit of searching but you can open the classified section on AB and use the "search forum" function for each species
In the brown header (top right) to get an idea of what the have sold for in the past.
When/if you get ready to sell I'm interested in the A. geroldi. I live in Washington also, so maybe no shipping involved.
GL :)
I tried that first and the results were really not so good. Figured I'd throw this up. I'm trying to raise money for a new microscope. I'll add ya and If I find out what the geroldi sex is or worth I'll let ya know! It has a real nice deep blue abdomen with an almost aqua/metallic/teal kinda blue on legs/carapace. No red or white hairs like most avics.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I searched for the A. geroldi :), had to go back a few pages in the results (2011-2015). slings -2" were $30-45, 6" Female $150, 3-5" unsexed were about $70-90
Has the T molted since battling the kitty?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree with the previous poster on the A geroldi, I owned a AF, and a young female too right now. I tried to PM you info, but your inbox is full. I'd love to see a pic of it.

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
Has the T molted since battling the kitty?
Nope. Had eaten and drank quite a bit since I found it though. Has 4 hairless scratches on abdomen everything else fine. I looked at it under 10x magnification and the cat scratches didn't break the abdominal skin.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor

I've been back in the hobby 3 years and seen prices continually fall in that time. Except for new introductions, the price on almost everything else has come down. There's an ever-increasing supply from people in the US breeding and others importing CBB's from Europe. But there are no standards, prices vary depending on who's selling a spider and how fast they want to move it. Prices in Europe are much lower, and the US is gradually headed in that direction. They make their money on volume, not high unit prices.

soundsmith

Arachnopeon
But there are no standards, prices vary depending on who's selling a spider and how fast they want to move it.
I can attest to that, I won't say who or what species but.... $70 from one dealer and $140 from another for the same size and both confirmed female. Personally, I thought that was ridiculous the price was double for the same thing but it's obviously my choice to buy from whoever floats my boat. Just like you said, there's no standard pricing.

KristinaMG

Arachnosquire

Good luck selling them!
Interesting that you price the P. murinus that high. I got a 5 inch female at our LPS for $25.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Here you go! The pictures don't do it justice though, it has such a nice color of dark rich blue on the abdomen. I just took these photos right now.

View attachment 139008
View attachment 139009
Nice shots Tarantula looks healthy. Getting the colors to show is difficult,
I always take many w/wo flash and trash a bunch.
Your pm box is full, If your interested in selling the A. geroldi local let me know.
I live in south king county.