Question about enclosure

Brad R

Arachnopeon
Hi All

I have a G Porteri and I put 2 plants in there and I am making a new enclosure for a C. Cyanepubscens and I have one plant and a water dish I’m not sure if that is enough for a GBB. If it isn’t and put a plant from the rose hairs enclosure will it stress the rose hair if one plant is gone just till I can get to pets mart to get an other fake plant for the enclosure. But 2nd I have probably 2” of substrate in the new enclosure for the GBB is that enough?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens require anchor points for their webbing, so I would position a plant and a hide in a way that they could web between them. The plants will eventually be completely webbed over. I don't think your other spider would care if you stole one of her plants for the new spider.

Ynnoslol

Arachnopeon
I dont think it would cause any issue if you take out one of the plant. However i'd put there a hide if theres none. As for the C. cyanepubscens make sure you put some more anchor points than just a plant with a water dish. An idea though, if the plant has like multiple leaves and such maybe you can cut some of and divide it withing the enclosure as anchor points.

Brad R

Arachnopeon
I took a plant out of the enclosure from the G porteri and put it in the c cyanopubscense enclosure but think I’m going to get more substrate i made a makeshift hide from a cheap storage container I’m going to bury with substrate so the spider doesn’t fall. When I first posted I was nervous about stressing the rose hair but she is sitting there.

Attachments

Ynnoslol

Arachnopeon
The G. porteri enclosure looks fine. Is that stone look alike thing is a hide? But for the GBB that enclosure im not sure if its gonna be good. Im not an expert, but if i know well GBB is not an arboreal species and the enclosure is pretty tall for it. You should set up a similar one like you got for the G porteri, but with more anchor points. That of course is only my opinion, i let the more experienced ones speak. :)

Last edited:

Brad R

Arachnopeon
Yes you are correct the stone in the porteri’s enclosure the stone is the hide I’m not sure if this is where I saw it On YouTube I was trying for a 12x12x12 but they only had 12x12x18 at petsmart

Ynnoslol

Arachnopeon
Nice, i like the porterie's enclosure :) I would definitely do about the same for the GBB just put some extra stuff there for anchor points like said before. And for that tall arboreal enclosure get an Avicularia or some other arboreal species you would like. But wait and see what others say. :)

Brad R

Arachnopeon
I’m only restricted to 2 tarantulas so this is my last one for where I live. No room for any more tarantulas. Also note I am going to add substrate to make it taller.

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
That exo-terra is not an appropriate enclosure for a terrestrial species. No front opening enclosure is.