Q> deformed b.klaasi sling..

arachnofitz

Arachnosquire
hi guys.. i just aquired a 1 inch b.klaasi sling, when i looked at it this morning, i noticed that its abdomen it not directly aligned with its carapace.. its slightly crooked.. is it gonna be okay after the next molt?? is there something i should do?

any answers may would be a great help..

snakecollector

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It depends on how it is acting:

If it gets lathargic, doesn't eat or drink it may be in trouble. There is not a lot you can do if the
abdomen has been injured other than hope for the best. Don't put anything in the cage
that it can fall off of, since the abdomen is already off kilter a fall would likely damage it further.

If it is eating, drinking and moving around I wouldn't worry too much. I have had a few
slings in the past that had several issues and molted into normal specimens.

Good luck
John

Huzi

Arachnopeon
I've had a similar incident with my T.gigas sling the abdomen was bulging on the right hand side and wasn't inline with the carapace ,the sling has molted several times but the abdomen remains the same it is healthy and eats like crazy ..like john said if its eating and moving around there's nothing to worry about .

arachnofitz

Arachnosquire
thanks a lot... should i transfer it to as container with a lower floor to cover level??

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
adding extra substrate so it has less room to fall is probably better... re-housing can stress out Ts a lot sometimes

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if its any help, ive had a P. regalis with that before as well. my male is now about 5" (due to molt any day too) and ive had him since around -1". Around the time he got his warning bands and belly band, i noticed his abdomen was slightly twisted. In my ts case, he molted out of it within the next molt with no issues, other than lookin goofy. My male regalis is VERY reclusive and barely ever out. i wonder if the twisted abdomen was due to his exo hardeneing while he was sitting in that position....seeing how he never came out to stretch

arachnofitz

Arachnosquire
hi.. my b.klaasi finally molted.. however the abdomen is still not in its right alignment with the carapace.. huhuhu.. i wonder if this problem ever goes away as it grows up??

Jared781

Arachnobaron
hi guys.. i just aquired a 1 inch b.klaasi sling, when i looked at it this morning, i noticed that its abdomen it not directly aligned with its carapace.. its slightly crooked.. is it gonna be okay after the next molt?? is there something i should do?

any answers may would be a great help..
a pic would be swell