Pterinochilus Murinus

xalbinox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a sun burst baboon (Pterinochilus Murinus) in the past 2 days shes eaten 2 dozen med. crickets I dont have the heart to feed it a pinkie cause there just babies the T is only 2" and growing (still hungry) would it be safe to give her an anole or small frog?

Hallidaykill55

Arachnopeon
Thats a lot of food

I'm no expert, not yet anyway. But that sounds a little excessive. Unless of course you just received the spider in the mail in which case it may just be a little underfed. These are just my thoughts, you may wait for someone like code monkey to respnod to your questions.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it would be safe to stop feeding it for a week or so. LOL

I'd love to see what a 2" T looks like after eating 24 cricket in 2 days. It has to be about ready to bust. :eek:

I'd bet there's OBT's in the wild that don't eat 24 crickets in a year.

Ernie

T-Virus

Arachnopeon
I would have to agree with MrT when he says it would probably be safe to wait a week to feed it again.
On the frog or anole question I think they would fight back too much and you could risk an injury to your T when you could just keep feeding it crickets. My 2" eats 1 or 2 large crickets every 4 to 7 days.
Plus it is fun watching them tackle the larger crickets!!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
sheesh! that is alot of crickets...especially for that size..
I think it might be safe to say that if the abdomen is not shrunken (how could it be?!) that you don't need to keep piling on the calories ;)

Angela

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOW! Thats weird that such a tiny thing could eat that much. Are you sure they have all been eatin, and not just killed and hidin?Just a thought.You wouldnt want dead crickets being stuffed away to attract mites or grow mold. My obt's keep everything in there webs, even there molts I have to go in for.If they were all eatin I think I'd wait awhile before feeding them again.

Angela

burnpile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
instead of frogs or anoles I'd try superworms if you want a larger prey item. A lizard or especially a frog could damage a smaller sized T

xalbinox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know shes eating them cause im watching her eat the then throw the remains behind her water dish im going to stop feeding her because shes unbelievably fat now she is a new addition ill offer more in like a week and a 1/2 but its unbelievable to me a single 2" T could eat that much her abdomen is huge now so no more grub for a while thaks for the advice every 1 when she comes out ill take a pic and post it thanx again

xalbinox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. Murinus

the pic didnt come out too good because i didnt want to use a flash and scare her sience its 4 a.m. ET but you can see what she looks like after 2 dozen med. cricks. in 2 days

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't worry about the flash, it wont mind.
Try to take another picture please, I'd really like to be able to see the little pig. :D

Ernie

xalbinox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. Murinus

aight ill get her when she comes out tonight and post the pic a.s.a.p. sorry bout the last one just didn't want to startle her
but ill take another with the flash on