Species Pterinochilus murinus ("OBT")

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I brought my P murinus about 9 months ago, when i first brought her from a PET STORE!, she was in a right old state, as u can see in the pic (sorry about the blurr, i dident have digital cam at this time, had to use my web cam ;P), i tried feeding her but she never wanted to eat, then 2 days later she molted and she looked even thiner and her legs were curlin under, so 7 days later i threw crap loads of food in there, she was eating very well and 9/10 months down the line and a new camera and home she looks like this....

P.S did i mention pet stores miss treat there T's and also compare the abdomens, you can certialntly tell which pic is the healthy one and what one isent, shes due another molt soon

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=31465 thats the link for my previous thread, i cleaned her house yesterday and put her in this kritter keaper, so i could clean her giant home
thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
obviously the second pic looks more healthy, thou i cant see much from the first pic, but seems like its dehydrated.. way to go zorack, keep up the good work!

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ya shes was really sick when i got her as u can see, but now shes massive

Seinfeld-

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Post your P.Murinus PICS!!

Hi, im looking for pics of P.Murinus Enclosures and such.
Please post yours.

Thanks
-Steve

Bean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This one is fuzzy, as I wanted to get a pic of her hanging out of the knot hole like she did while in this enclosure. (any touching of the house to take the lid off etc.. resulted in a swift and lengthy retreat) But you get the idea..

0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus

These next two is where she is now.. I wanted here to take to the little hollow bark I put in, and use it as the mouth of here burrow, as she did with in the previous enclosure, but she had different ideas..

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here ya go:

This lil guy was muched by a female.... :(

One of my slings:

gothmog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My two new P.Murinus slings:

Kev

Steve

They arrived with a bit of a mite problem :eek: :(

The way they are eating it won't be long before they molt them off though (and Kev gets a leg back) :)

I am amazed how much the personalities of these two differ, Kev is secretive and a bit fiesty (he attacked my paintbrush when I was trying to nudge him into his new home ;P). Steve is a big webber and spends most of the time sitting proudly in the middle of his construction :) They are both greedy :)

-- Jon

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is one of my P. Murinus slings.

Still small - but an OBT without a doubt. :D

---
Wendy
---

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I just rescued one from a pet store today..

she's only 2" now butafter 4 hours she already ate a cricket and is relaxed in her new digs..

poor thing barely budged when I "poured" her out of the deli container.
It's a good pet store with 'some' knowledgeable people but this T was not happy there..

wow that's Two T's in less than a week..