Pterinochilus murinus color morphs. Where did they go?

jdl

Arachnosquire
I have been wondering what happened to all the Pterinochilus murinus that are not orange. When I left the hobby in 1999, the usambaras were around, but you could get the tan/brown ones just as easily as the Usambaras. Did they all get bred into the oranges and the orange color dominated the tan or did they just quit importing them?

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
I'm not too sure about the USA but we have them here in the UK as I will be purchasing a sling myself tomorrow AM aslong as weathers decent for shipping out.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah not too many about in the UK of the NCF/TCF form.Ive got 2 NCF but yrs ago theyre were everywhere and the RCF were the harder ones to get.I guess the rcf were just more desirable

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I didn't realise they weren't around much anymore, I have a yellow colour phase sling but I didn't search for it, I got it by luck when I ordered an orange

jdl

Arachnosquire
They were easy to breed, I am surprised they were lost in the hobby here in the USA.

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I do not personally think they are "lost " in the hobby. I would assume that the variety you have to choose from now opposed to 1999 has increased dramatically thus diluting the focus on P murinus. I am sure if you look a bit you will find them.

-Wade

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Yeah, where are they? I got some brown/green ones too about 15 years ago. Sold off my collection 10 years ago, and now am back in. So who's got them? There's also a dark phase too. And a dark phase of P. chordatus that's beautiful too.

Last edited:

ArachnidSentinl

Arachnoknight
It's too bad the dark color form isn't as common as the red/orange/whatever. Personally I like them the best.