Psyco Pandinus imperator...

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all, my imperial is the most aggressive scorpion i have ever owned he's killed two of his house mates and he is now tryin to kill me, last night i moved him into a enclousure for him to be alone to stop all the deaths, it took me ages to get him out as he was just showing so much aggression at one point he grabbed the twisers and began his asent up towards my hand, pulling himself up with his claws and feet. My twisers are only like five inches long so i literally had to shake him very hard to get him off. As soon as i open the top of his enclosure he is ready for a fight and will always attack the twisers when im putting in food or moving the plants, iv'e owned quite a few imperials put never know one like this, i've never know one to dig like this guy and he loves to be submerged in his water bowl a lot of the time, very different to any of my other imperials. So people dont appreciate how much damage these guys are capable of doing when there in a rage, i dont think theres a bug on the planet that would enjoy taking this imperial on, its got a BAD BAD attitude problem

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know what you mean. I've got 44 of them I've been raising and a few are like that, lunging, pinching and "boxing", spaz, real fast. I have them in delis and have one labeled, "bad attitude". One I have labeled "nice one" I plan on giving that one to a nephew if he wants it. Maybe if I messed with those few they'd calm down but when tailing and being calm like most, these always reach up to pinch and ready to go. Hey I respect the attitude thing:D:cool:

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I understand what you mean because my 2nd emperor was the baddest and meanest SOB to ever walk on 4 pairs of leg. He would always be extremely defensive when I opened his KK.

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know what u all mean, a little while back i was considering a little experiment with my bud wing mantis and one on my flatrocks, having both share a very tall enclosure hopeing to keep confrontations down to a minimium, feeding the scorp on big crickets and the mantis on flying insects bee's, moths etc.
There is no way on this earth i would consider doing it with this emp, there would be carnage, it would properly climb the rocky back of the tank and turn into super scorp and desimate all his food, the mantis's food and then the mantis, then the plants, and finally the tank its self lol.
What makes some of these guy so frisky, do you think these psyco emps could be wc? They have a similar thing the the T's section but it rosie's that can sometimes be psycopathic, strange but true...
Would love some views.

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
That's crazy, I've also had many emperor scorpions and never seen anything like this. You should get two psychos together and breed them together, and do it again and again until you get one a special kind of selectively bred psycho emperor!

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
do u guys have pictures of ur psycho Emps? u do know that P. cavimanus looks really close to the imperator but has a totally nasty disposition? im not by any means saying "hey u guys dont know what ur talking about" but unfortunately there is alot of mix up with P. imperator and P. cavimanus. people try to pass the more aggressive one off as Emps all the time.

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's crazy, I've also had many emperor scorpions and never seen anything like this. You should get two psychos together and breed them together, and do it again and again until you get one a special kind of selectively bred psycho emperor!
:) sounds like a plan :)

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have 3 P. imperator like this, 2 of them are over 6 inch and female, the other is a juvie I beilieve is a male, that is only like 3 inches. The 3 inch one is by far the meanest scorpion I've ever seen. The 2 large females just think anything that gets near them is food, They always try to grab tweesers, hand, whatever they can, plants, moss, their hides, water dish. I used to feed them lats but it took way too many for the large females. I got a Dubia colony now and they still eat 2-3 adult dubia every week or so. Used to eat like 4-6 lat adults each. They just grab lats and cram em all into their mouth at once.

chris_vegas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
funny you posted this...

...I had almost the exact same thing happen with one of mine.

This guys 8 or 9 inches, I've never seen one this big...

killed 2 housemates, and when I tried to move him to solitary confinement...he went beserk and taged me, pinched the hell out of my finger too...

...kinda cool he's pyscho though.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cool i'll post some pics later as im off to work now, but im 99.9% its male emp.
i went ahead and subscribed to this thread, so please do post pics. id love to see them, ive owned quite a few emps, and personally dealt the hundreds in the pet store and they are all very docile..not to say there isnt highly defensive emps out there, im just not familiar with them. so post some pics and get as good of pics as u can so we can see the pedipalps as well as the full body.

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
:) sounds like a plan :)
HAHAHA Excellent! youve got to find more of these. speaking of selective breeding, i uhh, flew intercontinetal, and brought 5 baby emperor scorpions in an empty, very potent snuff can. i thought they would be okay the can was empty. it was very cold on that flight, i had to wear a blanket. there was holes in the can anyway! when i got to the final destination with over 24 hours traveling time, 3 had died. 2 weeks later another died, but was acting slow and sick anyway. im left with one very strong emperor in the 3rd instar. either he's a very nicotine tolerant, or very cold tolerant. how can i select one i will breed him with to make superbabies? perhaps a psycho emp to make a super tolerant psycho emperor army!!!