Psuedoscorpion help

SupremeBananus

Arachnopeon
A psuedoscorpion is something I've wanted for a long time and I've finally found one for sale. The problem is I've never been able to find any info on them. I know barely anything about them and I want to know as much as possible before getting one. The one I have my eye on is a Chernetidae. Any info about them is greatly appreciated!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
High humidity without a ton of ventilation and lots of places for it to hide. An easy way to do it is you can set up an enclosure of springtails and then just add the pseudoscorpions to it.

SupremeBananus

Arachnopeon
High humidity without a ton of ventilation and lots of places for it to hide. An easy way to do it is you can set up an enclosure of springtails and then just add the pseudoscorpions to it.
so springtails in the enclosure at all times? Should I give them anything else to eat? And how can you sex them? Do you know where I can buy an enclosure for one?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
so springtails in the enclosure at all times? Should I give them anything else to eat? And how can you sex them? Do you know where I can buy an enclosure for one?
Springtails will likely be the primary foodsource, and if you're wanting to keep a group of pseudos you'll definitely want the extra food. Dwarf isopods may work as well, but I'm not sure of that. Some species are sexually dimorphic, but it's not across the board, so it would likely depend on the species you have. Worst comes to worst, if you get a group then you stand a very good chance of having both genders. The enclosure can be anything you want really, as long as the ventilation is limited and it doesn't dry out very fast. Even something simple like a 16oz deli cup would be fine. Since they're tiny they aren't going to need a lot of space unless you have tons.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
"Scorpions, Windscorpions, Pseudoscorpions: Culturing Ancient Arachnids" by Orin McMonigle contains pretty much the only printed information on the care and propagation of pseudoscorpions. I would suggest looking into getting that book if you are looking for more information.
What species are you getting?

Let us know how it turns out!

Arthroverts

Wow well done on the find! I've been looking for someone selling pseudoscorpions for years now. Post some pics when you get 'em!

SupremeBananus

Arachnopeon
Springtails will likely be the primary foodsource, and if you're wanting to keep a group of pseudos you'll definitely want the extra food. Dwarf isopods may work as well, but I'm not sure of that. Some species are sexually dimorphic, but it's not across the board, so it would likely depend on the species you have. Worst comes to worst, if you get a group then you stand a very good chance of having both genders. The enclosure can be anything you want really, as long as the ventilation is limited and it doesn't dry out very fast. Even something simple like a 16oz deli cup would be fine. Since they're tiny they aren't going to need a lot of space unless you have tons.
I didn't want any unexpected breedings because I don't know what to do with so many psuedoscorpions so I planned on getting just one unless I could tell if they were male or female. Thank you for all the help!

SupremeBananus

Arachnopeon
"Scorpions, Windscorpions, Pseudoscorpions: Culturing Ancient Arachnids" by Orin McMonigle contains pretty much the only printed information on the care and propagation of pseudoscorpions. I would suggest looking into getting that book if you are looking for more information.
What species are you getting?

Let us know how it turns out!

Arthroverts
Thanks, I'll check it out! All I know is that it's a chernetidae. No other info was given.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didn't want any unexpected breedings because I don't know what to do with so many psuedoscorpions so I planned on getting just one unless I could tell if they were male or female. Thank you for all the help!

You could always send some to me:angelic: