Proud of my gal

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
Ordered dubia feeders for the first time. My 4" seemanni took a 1.25" nymph yesterday and much to my surprise took a freshly matured male today (the roach molted overnight).

I'm impressed she took 2 large roaches in 2 days. I thought one would be enough for her but this evening she was waiting at the mouth of her burrow for more. I'm glad to fatten her up though.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Tarantulas will eat when given food.
Its rate for spiders to go off feed when not in premolt. She will eat till she's huge.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'm impressed she took 2 large roaches in 2 days. I thought one would be enough for her but this evening she was waiting at the mouth of her burrow for more. I'm glad to fatten her up though.
They will pretty much go back to waiting for their next meal not long after finishing one, they're opportunistic feeders and will happily eat every day if you provide them with prey that often, it's a good way to end up with obese Tarantulas that fast for months on end though so I wouldn't recommend it.

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
I won't
They will pretty much go back to waiting for their next meal not long after finishing one, they're opportunistic feeders and will happily eat every day if you provide them with prey that often, it's a good way to end up with obese Tarantulas that fast for months on end though so I wouldn't recommend it.
I won't feed her again for 2 to maybe 3 weeks.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I haven't fed one of mine in probably 2 months. She shows no sign of slimming down either :meh:

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I'm proud of my new P Metallica sling...

She's scared of living feeders so I offer her prekilled crickets thanks to the mealworm parasite scare in my other thread. Well I fed her a prekilled cricket today that still had some oomph in it, it apparently was just severely maimed and had some sliver of life...well I watched her watch the life going out of the cricket before she finally grabbed and drug it up to the top of her home. Pretty incredible. I thought they said spiders were stupid...she still won't eat anything that'll fight, haha.