Problem with G. rosea rcf sac need help/advise please

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well my G. rosea rcf has decided to drop her sac, she was inside her clay pot since last night webbing it all down and was still webbing this morning, by 1pm I was on my way to a reptile expo and decided to check in on her, I could see her moving around and I could see her much smaller abdomen, I knew she lad dropped the eggs and it would see all she needed to do was roll it up and be done. I just got back now at 6pm and I check on her first to see her nice sac and she hasn't got one, I look in her clay pot hide and there is a very poorly rolled sac laying in the bottom, I got the tweezers and started pulling it out and she went in the pot and took it from me and stood on it and kinda picked it up.

So do I leave it with her if she picks it up?

Do I take it and try to incubate it?

If I try to incubate do I leave the eggs in the sac since they have to be rolled or take them out? The sac has all kinda of peat covering it.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If the sac is closed up and eggs aren't falling everywhere, let her hang on to it.

The fact that she discarded it right away may indicate it's bad, but all you can do is wait it out.

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the help, I had left it with her, I didn't see any eggs falling out when I had my quick look, but everytime I check in on her she has been in the clay pot sitting over the sac, not holding it but it looks like it's been rolled a bit better.

Best part this gal was bred at the start of july, then again at the end of july after a sperm web was made by the male. So it only took her 2 months! Lets hope the other rosea of mine takes the hint and drops, she's been gravid for 6-7 months now.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've had two G. rosea sacs, one planned and one from a W/C female. In my "very" limited experience....

Both sacs were on the messy side compared to other species, and both females put them down from time to time. Because of this I emptied out thier water dishes. I got slings from both, so you don't necessarily have anything to worry about yet...

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks that's very reassuring! She has no water at the moment because she has been moving her peat around for the past 2-3 weeks and she kept burrying the bowl so I gave up giving her water till the construction was over with, which was ongoing till yesterday. So I'll just wait and see about that.