Probably a dumb question but...

ogle1ant

Arachnopeon
My A. Genics or Acanthoscurria geniculata Spiderling is molting. This is the first time since Ive had her/him. So to celebrate I hit the forums to read all the wonderful molting stories. And guess what!! Now I'm worried. Haha. Ive read a bunch of comments and such stating that thier spiderlings molted in 2-10 minutes. all of them were different species so I dont really know is A. Genics molts that fast or if I am just freaking myself out.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. It is on its back and just started waving its legs just as I am hitting submit.

---------- Post added 03-27-2013 at 03:20 PM ----------

See I siked myself out. It is molting right now. Lol. I guess I am a nervous parent.

Damzlfly

Arachnopeon
Mine holed up in her burrow for 2 weeks premolt, then 2 weeks post molt. I have no clue how long the actual process took as I was at work. She went from 1.5" to at least 2" now and got her pretty adult colors. So exciting :) Leave it be, it knows what its doing :)

ogle1ant

Arachnopeon
My tarantulas feed exclusively on kittens, small children and the occasional Jehova's witness. <<<< haha Love this. And yeah Its always a blast watching spider life. Thx for the help. :)

arachnofab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Of course when they're smaller it takes a only a few hours where an older T can take a few days - i don't know if there is any difference between species or just any T given its conditions and many other factors, im sure.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
and on the same token, a sling could take all day to molt, while an adult gets the job done in around an hour or two.

Also, the same exact t could molt in an hour on one mole, 12 hours on its next molt, and 3 hrs on the following.... there is no time line involved or guideline really. They just work on their own schedule

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Until you've observed spiders molting multiple times, it can be nerve-wracking. Heck, even after years of watching them, it is still nerve-wracking! LOL
Occasionally, one will not survive a molt. The larger the spider, the better chance the keeper has of assisting it, but sometimes, there's just nothing you can do. :-(
General rule of thumb, the bigger the spider, the longer it will be on its back preparing for the actual molt. But, not all spiders read that chapter.....