Premolt

tanayv

Arachnopeon
I just got a new t. A B.boehmei which i dont think ate. I dropped 2 mealworms in. They were not in there when i checked but i think they burrowed. Does he look in premolt?

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why do you want to know if it's in premolt? This question is asked millions of times- what has your research on AB told you?

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Great looking T, ya got there! I usually wait a week to let the new spider get settled in before trying to feed. They may not eat because of not having settled in, being in premolt, or just not hungry. You'll want to make sure you crush the heads of those mealworms to prevent them from burrowing and just offer one at a time. If you think they have burrowed, they can molt into beetles that can harm a newly molted T. If it were me, I'd get them outta there, asap. Ts's in premolt will have a dark, sometimes shiny looking abdomen as the new exo will be forming underneath. We really can't see in that pic, but I'd just wait and offer again in a week (crushing the head will kill it, so no harm to your T if (s)he doesn't want it). Not sure about your distance there, but you want to make sure the distance from sub to lid is no more than 1.5x the diagonal leg span of the spider to lessen the risk of fall injuries.

tanayv

Arachnopeon
Great looking T, ya got there! I usually wait a week to let the new spider get settled in before trying to feed. They may not eat because of not having settled in, being in premolt, or just not hungry. You'll want to make sure you crush the heads of those mealworms to prevent them from burrowing and just offer one at a time. If you think they have burrowed, they can molt into beetles that can harm a newly molted T. If it were me, I'd get them outta there, asap. Ts's in premolt will have a dark, sometimes shiny looking abdomen as the new exo will be forming underneath. We really can't see in that pic, but I'd just wait and offer again in a week (crushing the head will kill it, so no harm to your T if (s)he doesn't want it). Not sure about your distance there, but you want to make sure the distance from sub to lid is no more than 1.5x the diagonal leg span of the spider to lessen the risk of fall injuries.
Thank you so much for replying. I have attached another pic. He is clinging to the wall and refuses food. I found the mealworm and removed it. Does this picture give more clarity. Ive even shown my setup.

Attachments

denny31x

Arachnopeon
does he have an bald spot in his abdomen? usually they got darken when they in premolt like this
Photo from Denny Wijaya (1).jpg