Pre-molting signs?!?!

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey, i would like to know if any of you guys ever noticed any signs displayed by your centipedes before they molt?!?! I really fear to give a cricket that would hurt my tiny 'pede... Do they actually burry themselves while they do it?!?! Do they eat their molt?!?! Thanks for your help :).

phil.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
bistrobob85 said:
Hey, i would like to know if any of you guys ever noticed any signs displayed by your centipedes before they molt?!?! I really fear to give a cricket that would hurt my tiny 'pede... Do they actually burry themselves while they do it?!?! Do they eat their molt?!?! Thanks for your help :).

phil.
some bury, some don't

i think they will if they can manage to.

some ppl have noticed a discoloration across the whole pede ~72h pre-molt
this is different than the change in color some cents experience with changing humidity levels

yes, they sure do eat their molt

edit:
also, if you are concerned about prey item hurting centipede... i've never met a centipede that wouldn't scavage. drop in ead crick or whatever and see what happens :)

edit of the edit:
hmm, i might have just made up the word scavage... but all my cents will eat dead stuff =P

edit^3:
[thread=51916]my "tanzanian rainbow" molting[/thread]

Last edited:

Kasha

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:
hmm, i might have just made up the word scavage... but all my cents will eat dead stuff =P
heheheheheh

Vincent

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All my centipedes change colour before molting and for me that's the best sign a molt is coming.

Mau Chau before molt

Just molted

back to normal coloration