pre-molt?

xtianD

Arachnopeon
Hey,

Everyone keeps saying that when a T is in pre-molt, its abdomen is "darker"..
Well, the thing is, I really can't tell if it's "darker" or not, since I have no other Ts for comparison.
My T right now is my first and only one.

So, i was wondering if anyone has a pic comparing a normal-colored abdomen and a darker pre-molt abdomen?
(specifically, a G Rosea, if possible..)

Thanks! :)

PS: sorry if this is in the wrong category; I just didn't think this would go into any of the other categories.. :p

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can only see the abdomen get darker if there is a bald spot. If not, you're our of luck.

xtianD

Arachnopeon
That's just it, I think she has a bald spot, but I don't know if the skin I'm seeing is dark enough for me to consider her to be in pre-molt..

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's just it, I think she has a bald spot, but I don't know if the skin I'm seeing is dark enough for me to consider her to be in pre-molt..
What do you mean you "think" she has a bald spot? Post some pics.

xtianD

Arachnopeon
I'm pretty sure she has a bald spot, cause there's a patch of her abdomen where i can see her skin and is surrounded by hairs.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that pre-molt? That looks more like obesity IMO. I only say this because the heart is still visible.

---------- Post added 02-07-2012 at 12:32 PM ----------

OIC, you were showing the bald spot and not pre-molt.:?
I was showing an example of a bald spot because he said he thought it had one.

If yours has a bald spot like that, ALL of the skin on that bald spot will start to turn black and look like this:
http://www.beccastarantulas.com/tarantulas/husbandry/PreMoltComparison.jpg

xtianD

Arachnopeon
I was showing an example of a bald spot because he said he thought it had one.

If yours has a bald spot like that, ALL of the skin on that bald spot will start to turn black and look like this:
http://www.beccastarantulas.com/tarantulas/husbandry/PreMoltComparison.jpg
this! this is what i was asking/looking for! haha! thanks, chris! :)
well, i think she's not in pre-molt, cause last time i checked her, i can sorta see the black line thing (which i'm guessing is the heart?) in the middle and some pink-ish color around it.

i'd take a picture, but she locked herself in her hide. covered the whole opening with her web.. i don't wanna disturb her..