Post Youre T Blondi Pics

Betty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here I am! I don't have any new pics of her - she's busy tunneling. She's plumped up considerably since these photos.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your T. blondi, Red Queen. :(

armando

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
=D,my t blondi finaly came out of hiding,I beleave its hungry otherwise I think it wouldnt come out=D

Andrew vV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by The Red Queen
Hey Andrew vV,

Do yours get those white stripes on her legs when she molts like mine does? Just curious, because it never happened on my male...
Amanda
Well, they are somewhat lighter when they moult, but I cant say that I remember seeing any of my T. blondi having white stipes post moult.

Andrew vV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by sheri
Do you have a pic with some sort of measurement item? I thought my T Blondi was big - yours is gigantic!!! How much, what, and when does she eat?
I will get a measurement pic asap, however she has laid eggs since and is not nearly as heavy as in that pic. I believe just a shot while after that pic (when she was even larger) she weighed in at around 5.7 oz.(guinness world records online says the world record is 6 oz and in the book it says 4 oz) So, yes she is BIG. She was eating just mice, one every 2-4weeks. I will soon be substituting roaches in with mice......

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Red Queen, curious... why did you name the male Gunnar?

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry about your male dying. Having him live that long
after maturing, thats pretty good isn't ? I went
through this with my first G. Rosea which molted
into a mature male. He lived a few months later
and I knew he would die, but I was pretty sad.
He was a Christmas gift from Laura,Tequilarose's
husband. Nicest thing he ever got me.
Sharon

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Do you have a pic with some sort of measurement item? I thought my T Blondi was big - yours is gigantic!!! How much, what, and when does she eat?
From the looks of it everything =D

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Originally posted by Inuleki
Red Queen, curious... why did you name the male Gunnar?
He is named after Gunnar Hansen, who played Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, my favorite movie. I got to meet Gunnar Hansen a few years ago, and that guy is HUGE! I am 5'6", and he was at least a foot taller than me! He autographed a picture for me... it says "Amanda, let's do lunch MY way!" LOL! Anyway, when I got my T. blondi I thought "He is going to be a big spider, so I'll name him after the biggest person I have ever meet!"

Amanda

Andrew vV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Heres a pic with her next to a quarter for comparison....

Last edited:

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
I finally got another pic of my girl... she's not nearly as big as Andrew's , LOL! Sorry the pic is so poor, but it's my boss's camera:)

Attachments

BigBadConrad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Red Queen,

I'm not very experienced yet so don't take my word for it, but I don't think you are supposed to use wood chips for substrate. I read a post that it's hard on T's abdomens and feet. Maybe someone more experienced could confirm or refute that.

-John

T-Virus

Arachnopeon
I've always understood that wood chips are bad, but i'm sure that it's opinion based.