Post molt....

bklyncg

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been covered before so im sorry if I'm repeating. I have a G Rosea who is molting for the first time since I have her. This is also my first T. At this point she made her molt mat and is flipped over on her back. I know to leave her alone... Question is after she molts how long till I feed her, handle, clean the molt and molt mat???? Thanks for any help...

pokie99

Arachnosquire
Wait half an hour before you remove it - no need to hurry. Give it clean water to drink. The tarantula will destroy the mat when it decides.

BossRoss

Arachnosquire
Question is after she molts how long till I feed her:
Dependent on her size, small slings a few days(3ish) fully grown female easily 2 weeks.

handle,
Never

clean the molt
I assume you mean remove the molt, you can do it a few hours after the molt, only if it involves not disturbing the spider.

and molt mat????
Just leave it be. your T will do it its self when it feels ready.

bklyncg

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone. She is about 4in. And yes I ment remove the molt from the enclosure.

Sirtubblord

Arachnopeon
Hello bklyncg,
I've got the same thing going on. My first T and it's first molt. One of the coolest things I've seen. I actually was lucky enough to watch him (Burt) roll over, then the next morning I watched him push off the old him. I even gopro'd it.
It will take a lot of editing before it's watchable! I was going to ask the same questions so I really appreciate finding your post. I was curious as to how long it'll take before he goes back to being his cantankerous self.
I assume about two weeks if that's what folks are saying you should wait to feed.

cold blood

Staff member
Hello bklyncg,
I've got the same thing going on. My first T and it's first molt. One of the coolest things I've seen. I actually was lucky enough to watch him (Burt) roll over, then the next morning I watched him push off the old him. I even gopro'd it.
It will take a lot of editing before it's watchable! I was going to ask the same questions so I really appreciate finding your post. I was curious as to how long it'll take before he goes back to being his cantankerous self.
I assume about two weeks if that's what folks are saying you should wait to feed.
Yes for an adult 1-2 week, for slower growing species, like this one, 2 weeks is a good all around amount of time to wait to begin feeding again;)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I have always heard Ts will eat their webbing to recoup the protein. I leave webs alone.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
As far as I know, they can chow down on their molts and ive even seen mine do it, but eating their webbing? I dont know its components, so I dont know if it has any nutritional value.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I have always heard Ts will eat their webbing to recoup the protein. I leave webs alone.
I personally have never seen Ts eat their webbing. However, I have seen it in other genera. I know many of the orb weavers do; I've watched barn spiders do so many times.