Possible Tarantulas in Enclosure size

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Hi people! yesterday I got this giant enclosure from my pet store's trash for free. And today I got my second one from the same store. The dimensions are LxWxH 48''x15''x14'' each individual section is 12''x15''14''. So the question is that, is it possible to house something large like a P. ornata or T. stirmi??
Doesn't really matter because this is a treasure to come by for me, since i'm a broke student who can barely get by without parents complaining about having more tarantula stuff in my family's house, LOL. Don't worry, i'll modify it to suit the T.'s
Enclosure #1
IMG_0156.JPG
Enclosure #2- Got this one today
IMG_0162.JPG

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm not exactly a 'master' when it comes to calculate inches VS cm in real time - screw this U.S madness! :troll: - but, with/after the proper modifications, I see why not.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Hi people! yesterday I got this giant enclosure from my pet store's trash for free. And today I got my second one from the same store. The dimensions are LxWxH 48''x15''x14'' each individual section is 12''x15''14''. So the question is that, is it possible to house something large like a P. ornata or T. stirmi??
Doesn't really matter because this is a treasure to come by for me, since i'm a broke student who can barely get by without parents complaining about having more tarantula stuff in my family's house, LOL. Don't worry, i'll modify it to suit the T.'s
Enclosure #1
View attachment 267620
Enclosure #2- Got this one today
View attachment 267621
Nice finds, but you will have to modify them, split enclosures are usually frowned upon, usually due to the fact that most end up with T's in the other enclosures, your mod's will have to be spot-on to have safe, secure enclosures for your T's/inverts - good luck with what looks like a great project.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It definitely will not fit an adult T. stirmi. I mean, the spider will physically fit in there, but that's more something you'd see at an expo when the spider is for sale. An adult pokie wouldn't exactly fit either just because of a lack of vertical space. 15" isn't terribly high to begin with, but the modifications you'd need to make will cut that down significantly.

Speaking of, how do you plan on modifying these? Did they have a lid? Doubtful, given that they look like they were for fish.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It definitely will not fit an adult T. stirmi. I mean, the spider will physically fit in there, but that's more something you'd see at an expo when the spider is for sale. An adult pokie wouldn't exactly fit either just because of a lack of vertical space. 15" isn't terribly high to begin with, but the modifications you'd need to make will cut that down significantly.

Speaking of, how do you plan on modifying these? Did they have a lid? Doubtful, given that they look like they were for fish.
I have the utensils prepared, and thanks for the advice on what possible T.'s I mention can't fit in there. The lid so far is still in the works of rough sketches. I'm trying to make separate lids for each enclosure. My craftsmanship skills is a another hobby of mine. I have a lot of hobbies from gardening to building to many other hobbies. So I can't get it done automatically, and it will take some time. Possibly a long time due to how my personal life is with helping the community in my area (the extra handyman). But it will work out with a matter of time and effort.