Possible scaber morph?

MattRess

Arachnopeon
Title says it all. I wasn't sure if it was a morph or if it ran into some moulting difficulties.
Also I'm fairly certain it ia a female, but not 100% so any second opinions would be appreciated. If pics are needed of its underside, I will try to deliver. 20180926_175029.jpg

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
The pessimist in me wants to say molting difficulties, but re-molting a face? My pessimism doesn’t extend that far. There is a piebald morph of P. scaber currently in existence, perhaps it’s the same gene? It looks more like a high black/reverse dalmation (neither of which, to my knowledge are actual things, haha). Either way, it does seem that there is something worth exploring here. I’d be curious to see underside pics, maybe put her(?) in with some normal males from the same area, that is if she is a ‘she’. Obviously, vice versa if she’s a male. Congrats!

(Final Note: I’d hesitate on a name until it’s proven as genetic)

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
By all means, see if you can isolate this trait! That is a very cool look!

MattRess

Arachnopeon
Sorry it has taken a while to reply, things have been pretty hectic. Managed to get a photo of its underside. I think it is female but I'm still not certain. 20180928_152105.jpg
Went back to where I found it and there were a few scabers, but none that had special characteristics. Took 6 anyway incase they were carriers.

MattRess

Arachnopeon
I paired her with a smaller male (just incase they try to cannibalise each other) and she now seems to be with eggs! I was just leaving when I checked up on her, but I should be able to get some photos soon.
Also I am now certain that it isn't moulting difficulties, as there was the remains of a moulted exoskeleton that was too big to be from the male, and her pattern remains intact.

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
I paired her with a smaller male (just incase they try to cannibalise each other) and she now seems to be with eggs! I was just leaving when I checked up on her, but I should be able to get some photos soon.
Also I am now certain that it isn't moulting difficulties, as there was the remains of a moulted exoskeleton that was too big to be from the male, and her pattern remains intact.
Congrats! You’ve got a very special pod on your hands

MattRess

Arachnopeon
Good news guys, she has just dropped some babies. I'm not sure if they eat their young, but I'm not taking chances so I've seperated her. Now it's just a few months wait to see if the babies carry her traits

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
Good news guys, she has just dropped some babies. I'm not sure if they eat their young, but I'm not taking chances so I've seperated her. Now it's just a few months wait to see if the babies carry her traits
She shouldn’t if there’s enough leaf litter around, but you might want to put her back in (wait til the babies are a bit bigger if it puts you at ease) so that they can breed back to her. The trait might not show up in this first generation but i’m excited to see where this goes!