Poorly Pamphobeteus sp Machalla :(

vixsta

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

My 2.5 inch P sp Machalla moulted 3 weeks ago and she hasn't eaten at all, she struggles to move and falls over a lot when she tries to walk (her legs also look contorted). Her abdomen is small but doesn't look shriveled.

I keep the substrate (coco fibre) quite moist as I know they like their humidity quite high.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I've pre killed a beetle so I'm hoping she's going to eat that.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

macbaffo

Arachnolord
Hi guys,

My 2.5 inch P sp Machalla moulted 3 weeks ago and she hasn't eaten at all, she struggles to move and falls over a lot when she tries to walk (her legs also look contorted). Her abdomen is small but doesn't look shriveled.

I keep the substrate (coco fibre) quite moist as I know they like their humidity quite high.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I've pre killed a beetle so I'm hoping she's going to eat that.

Can you upload a pic or a video?

Rhodin

Arachnosquire
Does she walk in jerky movements? If so it could be exposure to pesticides be it from wild caught food sources, mite/flea medicine for your other pets or maybe your building got treated for bedbugs.

Another possibility is that your T had a bad molt or took an injury prior to fully hardening.

A picture or video would really help, as macbaffo said

Last edited:

Arachtion

Arachnobaron
ICU it in a cricket tub with damp toilet paper and keep it warm I may just be exhausted an dehydrated

vixsta

Arachnopeon
I can't upload one right now, or put her in an ICU until tomorrow :( there's no chance of pesticides and our feeders are shop bought... No other Ts have this problem. She did take a while to flip after she moulted. I'll get a picture up tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Here's a picture but I can't do anything until tomorrow :(

Last edited:

Rhodin

Arachnosquire
Provide a waterdish and watch carefully for a death curl.
I would advise against the ICU(unless your T is in worse condition than your post/picture makes it seem) just because it isn't in a curl and moving it will likely just cause stress and not get much done, just keep the humidity up and watch for worsening condition. If things get worse ICU would be the next course of action. How long after the molt did you start noticing the odd walking/falling? If it was a week of less after the molt I would heavily suspect that the T took damage prior to fully hardening and will start looking better after a molt or two.

vixsta

Arachnopeon
Provide a waterdish and watch carefully for a death curl.
I would advise against the ICU(unless your T is in worse condition than your post/picture makes it seem)
This is why I haven't put her in one yet, as she still moves and reacts (albeit slowly).

I've put a waterdish in there and taken out the prekilled beetle as she didn't touch it.

She's been like this since she moulted. She didn't really move much a week after but the past 2 weeks she's been moving in a unsteady fashion and falling over.

I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

vixsta

Arachnopeon
Update: I've had to put her in an ICU as she was unresponsive and looked like she was starting to curl. She fell on her back from about an inch high during the transfer as I was shaking. I feel so stupid :(

I hope she'll be okay :(

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's gorgeous and it looks like you're taking the right precautions. I hope she gets well.

vixsta

Arachnopeon
Thanks EightLeggedFreaks :)

EMERGENCY UPDATE: I've just checked on her and she's on her back! I'm going out on a limb and assuming she's moulting but it's only been three weeks since her last moult. Is this possible or has she fallen over?

I'm leaving her well alone until tomorrow at least so I don't disturb her any more if she is moulting. She's in a drawer in a dark room in an ICU by the way as it's dark, quiet and warm.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

vixsta

Arachnopeon
Thbks Tarac.

I've just woken up and checked on her, she's still on her back moving her legs slightly but has not moulted and has not made any progress so far if she is trying to moult.

vixsta

Arachnopeon
Still On Back?!

She's still on her back after over 24 hours.

I'm not sure what to do...

Do I flip her back over?

Do I water her?

Her feet and the underside of her belly aren't getting wet at all because she's on her back and I'm afraid of the ICU either drying out or going mouldy. She's still moving her legs but not as much as yesterday.

Please can someone advise me on what to do?

Thanks guys.