Poorly G. Rosea

PercyDibbins

Arachnopeon
I bought my Rose approx 5 mnths ago from the local pet (who i now know don't have any clue about T's) my Tranchy was doing really well until about 2 weeks ago when she started hobbling around not able to use her legs properly. I don't know how old she is or when she last molted, so I assumed anmolt was coming up. Then a few days ago she seemed to lose all use of her legs, after some research I came to the conclusion she was dehydrated, so I helped her to the water dish and left her face 1st in it for about an hour. She seemed to perk up a bit but now she doesn't move at all except she twitches hers legs slightly if theres a knock anywhere near her enclosure. Her legs are spread out and her abdomen now looks like it's filled out nicely. I'm a bit unsure what to do, am I best leaving her alone for a while, has she come to an end? Any advice would be much appreciated.

PercyDibbins

Arachnopeon
tranchy 003.jpg 003.JPG
First pic was a few days ago after she kept falling over and the nd pic is today after i had put her face 1st in water

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
I hope it's not DKS! Can she eat prekilled food?

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
Her abdomen looks nice and filled so I really dont know what could be wrong :( I hope it's not DKS.
I also don't think those bark chips are proper substrate for her, I'd go with coco fiber. I believe I've heard that cedar is toxic to tarantulas, but it could be a different type of wood. Maybe that could be causing her symptoms?

billy28

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Probably be a good idea to get her on something other than wood chips.
EDIT-someone beat me to it, nevermind-EDIT

PercyDibbins

Arachnopeon
The bark is orchid bark chips for reptiles and inverts and ive mixed it with coco fibre... Shall I'll clean her house and just use coco fibre?

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
The bark is orchid bark chips for reptiles and inverts and ive mixed it with coco fibre... Shall I'll clean her house and just use coco fibre?
I've never heard of that being used as substrate before.
Personally I would do that, and then leave her be in a nice, dark, quiet place for a while and just let her chill. Check up on her once in a while to see the state of her condition.

ArkGullwing

Arachnosquire
+1 to replacing her substrate with fresh coco fiber or vermiculite, getting rid of the wood chips. And also +1 to putting her in an ICU in the mean time. That will help her get hydrated if she needs it, and keep her in a stress free environment while you redo her home. Keep us updated and best of luck!!

Elsvir

Arachnopeon
Looks to me like you should be expecting a molt soon, which may explain her lethargy. I would let her molt before you move her around, just keep a full water dish near her, maybe have two or three spread around the enclosure if there's a lot of floorspace so she has easy access to water until she molts. Then after her exo is hardened up (fangs are black) you can change out the substrate. It should be fine until then. :)

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The fist picture is a Death Curl, not molting position. What you need to do RIGHT NOW is flip her over and drop water into her mouth parts. Then Place in an ICU.

In the longterm, get her off that bark and replace with organtic poting soil, eco earth, coco fiber, whatever. There is a chance that she could have fallen and enjured herself. Make sure she can have touch the ground of her tank with one foot while having another on the outer rim to minimize the risk of falls. Also make sure she has a full waterdish at all times.