Pomona Reptile Show!

mark e sic

Arachnosquire
The title says it all! Im going to the Pomana Reptile Show later on today!! Will definitely be adding to my collection!!! Cant wait!!:o_O:

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I saw some good inverts there, good prices and SCABIES!!!! I did not pick up any invert unfortunately but I did get a great deal on a CB Argentine Red Tegu :D pics inc of inverts @calebryanhenry@gmail show....

mark e sic

Arachnosquire
:cool:yea just got back a few hours ago n my i got a G. rosea, P. ornata, roach colony(my first) and some substrate... also was really close to getting some Mantids :)

and my lil bro and lil bro inlaw both got a A. versi sling:cool:

Its420Somewhere

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! My girlfriend and I went to the show on saturday. It was SO packed!!! Anyways, besides the massive crowds of incredably rude people and children running wild pushing their way in front of you and stepping on your new shoes any chance they got, it was a great show. I bought my girlfriend a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling that shes been patiently waiting for, for quite some time. I also purchased a Heteroscodro Maculata sling.

I wish I hadnt mixed up the date of the show! I thought it was jan. 27-28, not jan. 07-08, so I didnt have nearly as much cash as I wished I would have been able to spend. Still great to speak to different vendors, and other hobbyists! It was great to see so many people interested in a hobby that used to send chills up many people's spines! I saw lot of children that seemed completely fascinated with the huge selection of arachnids, insects, and reptiles available at the show.

I also made sure to sign the petition against President Obama's new federal ban on pythons and boa constrictors. That bill is a cancer, not only to the reptile hobbyists, but also to tarantula, scorpion, and other potentially "dangerous" insect hobbyists everywhere! If they find the ability to ban Boa Constrictors and Pythons simply because they can thrive in select areas in the country and become invasive species (by this I mean 4 counties in Florida, and ONLY 4 counties in Florida. That's including the whole united states!!!) then that will open the door for a Federal ban on Arachnids, scorpions,and other species not indigenous to the United States! Even if it could only thrive in a few counties in the entire country!

Sorry for the rant, but it's not completely off topic, being that they had the petition to sign at the Pomona show and made serveral announcements reminding visitors to sign it.