Pokie Owners Only Please...

Abraxis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Greetings all...

For all you Pokie owners... which is your fav ?

Poecilotheria fasciata
Poecilotheria regalis
Poecilotheria ornata
Poecilotheria pederseni
Poecilotheria rufilata

Pick your Top 3...

I am gonna get 2... but wanna get suggestions... looking for looks and agressiveness... I know P. metallica is HOT... but TFE... to flippin' expensive...

Thanks for your assistance...

Peace Out

Ken

Last edited:

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Abraxis said:
... but wanna get suggestions... looking for looks and agressiveness...
Then don't buy a Poecilotheria. As a genus, they are far from aggressive.

However, looks-wise I would choose:

Poecilotheria rufilata
Poecilotheria ornata
Poecilotheria regalis

In that order.

Arachnogeek

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a regalis...

I would say you can't go wrong with one of these bad boys. I have to agree that in my experience they are not an aggressive T. Mine tends to stay in its hide the majority of the time, but I can see it through the side of the enclosure. Any way...get a regalis, cant beat the looks or the price...very nice T.

Dan

laila

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I keep P. ornata and P. fasciata, and IMO they are not aggressive, but can be extremely skittish and nervous.

P. pederseni is my next addition.....

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From your list, I have P. fasciata (1 adult fem, one juv male), P. regalis (2 adult fems, 2 juvs), P. ornata (1 subadult male, 2 slings) and P. rufilata (5 juvs). The P. fasciata is the most nervous by a long shot, but I've never seen any aggression from them. The only one I've had a half-hearted threat pose off is a sub-adult male P. ornata. However, like Lopez and Laila have already said, they are more nervous/skittish than aggressive. If you want aggression, please don't buy a pokie.

In terms of favourites;
1) P. rufilata (Lots of olive green on them, especially the males. Can get huge)
2) P. ornata (Quite dark with stunning red hairs on the palps/legs. Can also get huge)
3) P. regalis (Gorgeous. Extremely under-rated)

I'll be getting 4 P. pederseni next weekend and am incredibly excited about them :)

Last edited:

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I only have P. regalis and P. rufilata so far so I can't say. Of course I want a P. metalica! Neither of these seem aggressive, just bolt when they are scared and run away. I just can't get over how big they are when they are full grown. Its amazing. Love their markings even on the slings. I know the metalicas are blue and some are purple. Isn't it the P. miranda that has the pinkish purple colors? I love how they look.

Sharon

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Never seen ANY of mine in a threat post...I echo the non-aggressiveness. They can be very flighty and nervous though.
I'd start with P regalis, P fasciata, and P ornata if it were me (actually, those were my first 3 LOL)

Abraxis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
*Note to Self*

Do not post when very tired... and 2 sheets up river...

I seem to have miss placed the non- factor in my original post... Thanks for your responses... will fill you in when I make my final choices...

SOOO Many Spiders... so little room...

Peace Out

Ken

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have never seen my mom(cricket54)'s pokies be aggressive, they seem more skittish. But you cannot beat the colors these sport. The Regalises are absolutely beautiful as are the Rufilatas. I would love to get an Ornata! But these pokies get huge! Its amazing!

Laura

Abraxis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well... Thanks again for your replies... and on Wednesday I will be getting 2 new species... P. rufilata and P. ornata 1" or less slings...

Can't Wait...

Peace Out

Ken