Pogo play..

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK I'm new to this Tarantula thing, at the point where it run across my head is where I'd have to clean my pants out! But don't get me wrong I did touch mine today for the first time!
lol! That's hillarious.

How did you finally get it off your head?
It was kind enough to finally jump off of my head and onto the guys leg who was taking the pics...lol. That gave me a chance to grab the little bugger. Still took me awhile because she is sooo small that she could almost wriggle out of the crevis's in my hand. I had to cup my hand on top of her and gently...KEYWORD GENTLY slide the lid to a deli cup under her; then I scooped it all up and dumped her awol but back in her enclosure...lol. It was a VERY tedious and difficult process, I can't explain how quick these little beauties are. I tried and tried to get her off of my own head but like I said earlier, boy she's a ninja and a half! She would just jump on top of my hand and then run down my face or to the other side of my head. She has my heart already! Such a precious thing!

While we're on the subject, what's a good way to catch an aboreal? Mine's not loose, but I get the feeling she's just waiting for me to take to lid off completely...
Experience, which other than my experience the other day I have none thereof! lol. The best way would be to have a good sized, (Medium sized) box lid ( a deep one ) to pop over the escapee and find something to slide under it. Then dump the little bugger back where it belongs. But like I said, experience and knowing what your T is going to do next plays the largest role.

marcus

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
'Bout how far from maturity would you say that is?
Oh yeah, still a few years to go. I'm not sure exactly, this is my first of this species and I'm still researching them. This gal is about a year old, so I'm guessing quite a while still. 2 Years? Maybe more? I could be way off so don't hold me to that! ;) :cool: