Genus Poecilotheria

aveul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My special little pederseni that died two months ago without reason :8o

And my little ornata that I have found almost dead in the house after she have learned to open the lid and get out :)) Now is ok and crazy as usual :)

Enjoy!

Luiscifer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I tend to agree that Pokies aren't that aggressive. Alot of the other T's I keep use the threat posture alot more than my regalis, she's a large 7.5 inch female. I give her ample places to hide and she seem comfortable in her enclosure. I personally wouldn't advocate handling your Pokie, but I don't handle any of my T's unless it is absolutely necessary, not from fear of being bitten but out of respect for the spider. I would really feel upset if I were handling one of my T's and it fell and died because of me wanting to handle it. I mean how many people hold their prize tropical fish???

Andy
I TOTALLY AGREE. I have collected and loved T's for almost 15 years now and i never really saw the need to handle them unless it was absolutley necessary. That doesnt happen often. Their safety is always priority number 1.

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Poecilotheria fasciata

Poecilotheria miranda

Poecilotheria pederseni

Poecilotheria striata

Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli

All females :)

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Smoking ornata, love the posture! The one pokie species i havent dared to buy yet ;)

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have yet to see a threat pose from any of my pokies, all of them run and hide at any sight of light or movement lol.

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have yet to see a threat pose from any of my pokies, all of them run and hide at any sight of light or movement lol.
I have had more threat poses from my irminia. The only pokie which ever showed me some fangs, was one of my P. subfusca at about 0,3inches bodylength ^^ Heard some mean * about the ornata though.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A big female Poecilotheria subfusca... I'm quite partial to my Tapinauchenius... but I must say this girl could steal anyone's heart. She's been cohabing with a male for a few weeks now.

Eric

Last edited: