Genus Poecilotheria

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they clearly dont look the same in colour & size & or behave the same ?
Which is interesting considering they are both the same species. I have been to where P. subfusca live. Let me let ya, the difference in temperate between the highland and the lowland is HUGE...even though it is a tropical island.

david goldsboro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Which is interesting considering they are both the same species. I have been to where P. subfusca live. Let me let ya, the difference in temperate between the highland and the lowland is HUGE...even though it is a tropical island.
have you been to where the so called lowland is from i also know a collector who was over there only 2 months ago where highland p subfusca are found , and he didnt find any lowland forms ? they are the same speices just alot larger differant in colour lowland like it warm highland like it cool i have a sac now of a p subfusca lowland form she has produced sacs in the same conditons with me as she did with paul towler at 25-27 degrees a highland form wont lay sacs at these temps this is why they should be labled differant i couldnt care less if they caled it king kong what i am getting at people keep saying there is no differance in them so it dont matter if they cross breed the 2 forms when nothing is known about this lowland form that just poped out of know where , they have light form and dark form of other speices that are kept apart so not to cross breed the 2 forms so why cant these 2 be kept aprt they are sold for the same price well over here in the uk they are

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
25-27 degrees a highland form wont lay sacs at these temps
I agree with everything your saying David..

What are the preferred temps of the highland sp.? I used to keep mine at 68 degrees F., but they seem much more active with it in the low 70s.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya I got one from Michael Jacobi, along with a few of his highland. And the little bugger is a confirmed female now too.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ya I got one from Michael Jacobi, along with a few of his highland. And the little bugger is a confirmed female now too.
You lucky dog, i have three highland form that i haven't got the chance to sex yet. Hopefully, i will atleast get one female. Well, i never knew Jacobi had lowlands available.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My p.ornata just molted today so i thought i would take some shots. :drool: :drool:.... ours are the same size :)

Bob

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow...I never thought I'd admire a closeup of sperm so much. Very nice!

Here's a few of my Highland female which I'm actually considering putting up in the classifieds...

And a few of my newly introduced Po. rufilata pair...video at links below.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E2L9EesIsY4

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nice subfusca man!if the price is right id buy her from ya!
oh best luck on the rufilata breeding aswell.you got any plans for your male next?