Poecilotheria Setup Questions

Phillosiraptor

Arachnopeon
Just wondering, im used to giving all my old new world arboreals dangling cork glued to or near the top of their enclosures, i like the dangling appearance of vines and cork etc, they always seemed to do well this way, but all the videos of poecilotheria care i see people resting cork logs or flats near the back bottom of their enclosure like they are more semi-arboreal type setups, i know pokies like to burrow when their slings, but is it appropriate for me to give them the same dangling setup that i have given my C. Varsicolors and Avics. Once theyre in their juvinile enclosure? Like the tall lid amac box upside down style if anyone knows what i mean? I have 3 poecilotheria Rufilata slings in 40 drams at the moment, i was also planning on gluing a spice lid to the top of each of the enclosures so i can throw crickets in there while minimizing opening the main part and disturbing the old world T as little as possible

Attachments

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
All of the pokie slings I keep and have kept use the cork bark 90% of the time. They will build webbing at the base and run up the back side of it. I have never had them try to web up top. Look at it like them living in a hole in a tree, they don't typically web in the leaves but in the actual bark. They seem to feel secure when they can wedge into a corner or hole. I have always did this in a 32oz deli cups. Recently I started using 5oz. deli cups until after a few molts because they seem to eat better for me.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
probably does not matter as long as they have a tight space, but unlike Avicularia i find most of them dig a little so if it does decide to live downstairs, your setup will be very risky for you, i would't use the turned setup

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Definitely a nice tall cork half leaning in the back (not round) You won't see them as often. You can also get some silk plants to dangle from the top of the enclosure for cover, and mid level plants between the glass and hide. I posted an example of my P Rufilatas enclosure. I see her hanging out at the top often and in the bottom left corner she waits for prey.

Attachments