Poecilotheria ornata or hybrid?

rubenphobia

Arachnopeon
seems that the last three comments have not read the entire thread and have not reviewed all the photos.

the inside of the legs does not match any species except P. perderseni. Incidentally copies were purchased as P. pederseni, so we can deduce that it is a possible hybrid P.ornata x P. pederseni (check photos page 1).

I think the hybrid is the first choice, but there are still many people who believe that it is a morph of P. ornata.

Could do some experts say in this thread? Thank you.

greetings.

SentinelPokie

Arachnopeon
Well...comparing the carapace to the chart, it might be a formosa or striata. Although the leg markings don't match the ornata, who's to say it's an ornata? The carapace marking of an ornata is different from the one that you have, but matches the formosa and striata. If it were an ornata x pederseni hybrid, it would also show some traits from the parents such as the carapace or leg markings. Although it has the legs of the pederseni, its carapace matches that of a striata or formosa. Just my view on it though. It would be great if the OP and other experts look into this and give out more of their thoughts.

Last edited:

rubenphobia

Arachnopeon
Really?

looks back with these pictures of Steevens Droguet

Now you can compare with my animal

carapace_ok.jpg

carapace_no.jpg

I would argue that the appearance of proxoma and greenish, the red of the pedipalps and the overall look is P. ronata.

But the pattern of leg IV is P. pederseni.

in other forums that have been clear from the beginning hehe

Greetings!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
+1^ its DEFINITELY not regalis (very clearly) so formosa or striata is VERY likely...(per carapace shot)
seems that the last three comments have not read the entire thread and have not reviewed all the photos.

the inside of the legs does not match any species except P. perderseni. Incidentally copies were purchased as P. pederseni, so we can deduce that it is a possible hybrid P.ornata x P. pederseni (check photos page 1).

I think the hybrid is the first choice, but there are still many people who believe that it is a morph of P. ornata.

Could do some experts say in this thread? Thank you.

greetings.
i meant could be HYBRID with above named sp.

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello, yes you have a hybrid ornataxvitatta

You can tell simply from the leg markings. i.e
1) P. vitatta leg 4 with possible overlaid ornata marking at base of femur
2) P. ornata anterior leg markings (yellow).

Where did you buy the specimen, what country? Do you still have this specimen alive?

Please email me at mmorra.uog@gmail.com

succinct

Arachnopeon
What size are they? And you said you bought a group of them, all of them the same coloring.

cold blood

Staff member
Y'all are responding to a thread that died over 2 years ago, doubt very highly you'll get a response from any of the previous posters.