Species Poecilotheria formosa (a.k.a. Poecilotheria nallamalaiensis)

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scolopendra55 said:
Gorgeous T!!
Thanks! I cant wait to see wat she's gonna look like as an adult, if its female that is......if only pretty purple meant girl:rolleyes:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats Nick thats a gorgeous specimen you have there , im jalous

Keep the good work

widow_cr

Arachnopeon
Beautiful spider, as an owner what would you rate her as far as aggressiveness on a scale of one to ten?

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ONE! I've handled her (accidentally) I've yet to see her in a threat pose. I told you, she has an identity crisis:D, but I'm sure that'll change when she's an adult

Last edited:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I only seen one Treat pose with my Poecilotheria, and it was the one I was suspecting to do it, ornata, I dont know where they got this man killer reputation

EDIT ; but of course every individu are different and they're nervous and unpredictable ...

Last edited:

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know some pokies are sexually dimorphic. Would formosa be one of them? is it possible to tell from these pics. A ventral is almost impossible with this one

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my freshly molted P.formosa, she has been proven female from this molt. I made the background B&W to make her stick out (not that she doesnt on her own, but the table cloth was bright yellow:eek:)

Enjoy:D

Attachments

Endora

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love the effect that it made ! She really stands out, she is beautiful. How big is she ?

urs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
?

How do you make that effect?:confused: With what program:wall: ?

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is almost 5" now, so she still has some growing to do.
I used photoshop, very patiently selected the T, then generated another layer, with just the T, and used the original photo as the background, allowing me to only edit the background. Then I decreased the saturation of the background and added a blue hue...and voila...pop out T:D :D

urs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How did you select spider with all those hairs?:rolleyes:

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That looks really cool. Try rotating it 90* clockwise. That looked cool when I did it as well. But yeah, how did you select the spider, with all the tiny little setae?

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The selection process was long, patience, patience, patience...but I didnt include ALL the setae, if I did, it would've looked better because they're actually redder than that in reality

Wee Man

Arachnopeon
Awesome job, could we see the original picture just for the hell of it?

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is Mike (german pronunciation), she just molted last night while I was out partyin' (she has a different opinion of how one should spend saturday night:D )

Its great that the purple can actually be seen live now...in previous pics I posted I could see the purple colour, but when you looked at the spider live you just couldnt see the purple...well now you can see it live too;P

cheers
Nick;)

Attachments