please help my rose hair

kush

Arachnopeon
my rose hair is draging her body while she walks and her body just lays flat against the substrate while she sits. This is unlike her.she wont even walk that much. When i hold her she just sits in my palm while her body is not elavated.its like its to heavy to hold but i dont know what happen. She ate two crickets a week ago but i dont think thats the cause.shes been really lazy.its like a whole diffrent tarantula.shes also stressed i think shes been keeping her legs closed in covering her body.what should i do and what do you think the problem is.i know rose hairs are strange but this seems more like a problem instead of being odd.

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my rose hair is draging her body while she walks and her body just lays flat against the substrate while she sits. This is unlike her.she wont even walk that much. When i hold her she just sits in my palm while her body is not elavated.its like its to heavy to hold but i dont know what happen. She ate two crickets a week ago but i dont think thats the cause.shes been really lazy.its like a whole diffrent tarantula.shes also stressed i think shes been keeping her legs closed in covering her body.what should i do and what do you think the problem is.i know rose hairs are strange but this seems more like a problem instead of being odd.
How big is it, and some pictures of it dragging its body would help. If it is closing its legs around its body it sounds kind of like a death curl. But pictures would help alot. Also pictures of the enclosure.

kush

Arachnopeon
its not like a death curl because there just trying to cover the top of the body.like if she brought her legs close together towards her to make a upper body armor.there not extended just formed to block the top.i use my phone to come on here so i cant post pics.with her legs extended shes about the size of a palm if not bigger.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, it could mean anything. Hopefully not what happened to my seemani. She dragged her body around, and could NOT stand. I put her in a ICU and she didn't recover.. She passed on. She had a strange lump on her abdomen. That has happened with alot of other ts on this forum im positive. Just, put her in a ICU and check back every once in a while.

Hope that helps!

kush

Arachnopeon
how long should i leave her in the icu? If anybody has any other ideas on what the problem might be please let me know.thanks for all the help so far though.ill put her in one.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just, put her in there, and check in everyday. Put her somewhere dark and quiet. It depends how long to leave her in there.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's difficult to say from your limited description if something is wrong. I can't see anything that would overly worry me with the behavior you describe. Is the T's abdomen on the plump side? Well fed Ts can sometimes swell to the point where the abdomen drags on the substrate.

With regards to the ICU, it's only really an option if the T has lost fluids due to an injury or becomes dehydrated for whatever reason. If neither of these are the case, then you're probably just causing unnecessary disturbance by moving her in there. As long as a waterdish is available and the two crix she ate last week were hydrated and gut loaded, I can't see dehydration being an issue. Again, it's all guesswork at the moment. A few pics and some more info could go a long way towards determining if there's a problem or not.

Good luck.