Please Help me my millipede is acting ward and i dont know what is wrong with him?

Jaknat

Arachnopeon
So my millipede keeps spinning on the spot like this and always ends up on his back and is moving all of his legs? I don't know what to do anymore please offer some advise.
IMG_01.PNG IMG_02.PNG

mickiem

Arachnoprince
How long have you had him? What kind of substrate are you using? A lot of time, this is an indicator that the enclosure is too dry, there are toxins or parasites. Keep us posted, millipedes are generally easy pets and its not too hard to get back on the right track.

Jaknat

Arachnopeon
How long have you had him? What kind of substrate are you using? A lot of time, this is an indicator that the enclosure is too dry, there are toxins or parasites. Keep us posted, millipedes are generally easy pets and its not too hard to get back on the right track.
I have had him 3 weeks but got him as an adult at the reptile expo in England as a full grown adult there was a female that died a few weeks after getting him, the humidity is 60-70% And the substrate is echo earth i mist him every single day with my sprayer

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I'm not sure what the ingredients are in Echo Earth. They don't tolerate resinous woods very well - pine, cypress, etc. It wound like you are doing everything ok. Do you know the species? It could be they were already close to the end of their lives. Hope he is ok, though.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I don't have all the answers, but I can see some obvious questions based on the things you've previously posted. I've split the questions into themed groups. For those curious, this species was discussed here: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/skeleton-leg-millipedes-thyropygus-sp-breeding.313351/

Was the female that died the one you dropped? If she was not the one you dropped, what happened before she died?

Did you redo the enclosure after the previous feedback (that it was too small and could use more leaves)? What does the lid of the enclosure look like? What does the enclosure look like from the side?

How does the substrate feel if you touch it? How does it feel if you put a bit of substrate in your hand and squeeze it? Does any water come out when you do that?

What temperature is your room?

What do you feed him?