Please help! G.rosea ruptured abdomen during a molt

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone

I just came home to check on my T's and found one of my G.roseain a very typical dead T pose, It grew back a leg it lost a while back and upon closer inspection the abdomen appeared damp so I lifted it up slightly and there seems to be a hole near the vent area (not even going to try and spell that). Looking at her now I think she is beyond saving, she has lost a lot of fluid and the only sign of life I can see is the occasional leg movement. I cant post any pictures at the moment but this isn't a help me save her thread, she is to far gone for that.

Whats the best way to euthanize her:cry:

If theres one thing I can't stand more than a dead tarantula its a suffering one.

I'll text her owner and ask if its ok with him that I put her down (Holding onto him for a friend).

regards
James

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I understand your grief for your animal, but to be completely blunt and honest she's not really "suffering". Invertebrates don't feel pain the same way we do. I have heard of people putting them in the fridge to euthanize them but I'm going to wait until someone with more experience in that area chimes in.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Amimia

Arachnosquire
She could very likely already be dead. Does she smell it? If not I would put her in the freezer, personally.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I understand your grief for your animal, but to be completely blunt and honest she's not really "suffering". Invertebrates don't feel pain the same way we do. I have heard of people putting them in the fridge to euthanize them but I'm going to wait until someone with more experience in that area chimes in.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
That's probably the best way IMO (freeze method) when there's anymore nothing you can do.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 04:43 PM ----------

The freezer method is IMO the best. Fast, clean, best for the T. Sadly but necessary :unhappy:

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the fast replies guys

No smell or anything yet, I think she tried to molt yesterday and has been stuck like that since. I'll put her in the freezer just to make sure.

I know they can't feel pain or emotions but I feel like it would make them uncomfortable at the very least.

awiec

Arachnoprince
A nail through the head is the fastest way but seeing as she's mostly gone (or already is) the freezer should finish the job and prevent her from smelling/decaying if you want to preserve her or something.