Platymeris sp "Mombo" is P.rhadamantus "Mombo"

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Yup, the re-description of Platymeris rhadamantus shows that there is an orange form, which seems to be what we have in the hobby. Also, the red spot assassins we have that some people call "Platymeris rhadamantus", are actually not that species, instead they are Platymeris laevicollis.

Read more here.

Also the re-description of P.rhadamantus for those interested.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@Hisserdude

Interesting, taxonomy can be a pain sometimes. RIP B. smithi

So who is the actual Platymeris rhadamantus?

Interesting links nonetheless.

I also heard that Periplaneta is going to be reclassified into the genus "Aquirusnow. " (Pronounced "Aquire us now")

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
@Hisserdude

Interesting, taxonomy can be a pain sometimes. RIP B. smithi

So who is the actual Platymeris rhadamantus?

Interesting links nonetheless.

I also heard that Periplaneta is going to be reclassified into the genus "Aquirusnow. " (Pronounced "Aquire us now")
Yeah, taxonomy is constantly changing! The Platymeris sp. "Mombo" are the real rhadamantus, an orange spotted color form to be exact. :)

Huh, weird, I haven't heard of such rumors... :D

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, taxonomy is constantly changing! The Platymeris sp. "Mombo" are the real rhadamantus, an orange spotted color form to be exact. :)

Huh, weird, I haven't heard of such rumors... :D
Ok so mombo is now rhadamantus, the red spot is actually laevicollis, so does that mean we are missing a third species of Platymeris now, or did we only have Platymeris biguttatus, laevicollis, and rhadamantus to begin with? So what is the yellow spot now?

lovebugfarm

Arachnopeon
I have heard the yellow spot are a variation of mombo or that some captive mombo are hybrid stock. In the mombo I used to have I had 2 yellow spot that grew up from orange spot parents. So it could be either.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Ok so mombo is now rhadamantus, the red spot is actually laevicollis, so does that mean we are missing a third species of Platymeris now, or did we only have Platymeris biguttatus, laevicollis, and rhadamantus to begin with? So what is the yellow spot now?
Yes, we only had P.biguttatus, laevicollis and rhadamantus to begin with, and I'm pretty sure the "yellow spots" are P.rhadamantus "Mombo" variants like @Lucanus95 said. :)