plant questions

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, since I am fairly new to the hobby (about a year) a few slings I have bought in the past are now all grown up. Well I just got an exoterra terrarium for a p. regalis of mine. The thing is I wanted to get real plants for him and have no idea which to chose. Can somebody give me some suggestions.

I would like something with big leaves and that doesn't grow so fast it will outgrow the terrarium too fast. Also, I am using bed-a-beast/verm mix for substrate.

arachnoguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pathos, pepperomia, bromeliads, orchids (if you can keep them from dying), various ferns and that is all i can think of at the moment. Good luck and welcome to the hobby and the arachnoboards.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd choose a vining plant and take the time to affix it securely to a stationary point in the enclosure. Oh, and be sure that you're getting organically started plants, many commercial nurseries use insecticides in their greenhouses.

arachnoguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if you get your plants from a commercial source soak them for a week and spray the leaves daily to clean them.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
kornordie said:
Ok, since I am fairly new to the hobby (about a year) a few slings I have bought in the past are now all grown up. Well I just got an exoterra terrarium for a p. regalis of mine. The thing is I wanted to get real plants for him and have no idea which to chose. Can somebody give me some suggestions.

I would like something with big leaves and that doesn't grow so fast it will outgrow the terrarium too fast. Also, I am using bed-a-beast/verm mix for substrate.
Hi.! I think the best plants for a tarantula terrarium is Epipremnum sp, or maybe Philodendron. But i prefer Epipremnum sp. Its extrmly hardy, and grows fast. I have to cut it down occationly! I use peat in my terrarium and even that peat is lacking in nutrision theese plants grows well. CHEERS!!!///Johan