Pixie Frog Eye issue?

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was wondering if this is an issue. My new frog has one eye that does not react to light it not nasty or infected its just slanted pupil. His other eye is just fine. I am already enjoying him more than my pacman I got a few days ago. Since I put him in a 10gal a few minutes ago he wasted no time to down two large crickets I just bought him 30 minutes ago ;) He is about 3" total and has already made a burrow.

SO my question is could this cause an issue down the line for him? His aim is good. Though you can see his tailbone which I hear is a sign that he needs some fat on him.

---------- Post added 04-17-2012 at 12:34 PM ----------

He also just downed 6 large crickets two powdered with calcium+d3, and an adult gravid dubia. The roach was a tough one since it burrows but digging it up with tongs worked though he wouldn't eat it from the tongs. Apparently there are no bounds for the quantity of insects he will eat :) I just bought a dozen large crickets and they are almost gone in one sitting. I hear to feed them as much as they want in 15 minutes...

Last edited:

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All in all he has eaten a dozen crix and a gravid dubia and still is hungry :) so I'm assuming its not much of an issue for him but does he look under weight?

Camden

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If he's eating alright and acting normally other than the eye, he should be fine. Be glad it's eating, ever so often you get a frog that doesn't eat at all. I had one that didn't eat at all. I had to resort to force feeding, and it got to the point where it spat out force fed food and it starved to death.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
looks like a deformity of some sort,maybe born that way? but as long as he is doing everything normal he should be fine:) he looks to be a dwarf pixie,which are just as voracous as their giant cousins.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Darn,I paid 60$ for him plus tax it's there any dead giveaways as to him being a dwarf? I might return him cuz I want a giant. Though I do like him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2