Pinktoe has bald spot

Xenoking

Arachnopeon
Ok I have owned Pinktoes in the past but I have never had one with a bald spot and some videos on YouTube say they don’t have urticating hairs so I’m a little confused not to worried though just want info on it

Xenoking

Arachnopeon
Ok so does it mean she’s stressed. Although I do think she is in premolt because bruised coloring on abdomen, looking quite plump,slightly less active (does wander around at night).

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Avics don't kick their hairs, instead they rub them directly on whatever they want to hair, so yes they do have urticating hair but they won't kick them at you.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Last edited:

Darktiger432

Arachnopeon
I want to apologize I stuck my foot in mouth. I should of asked if their was more NW genus other than psalmopoeus that didnt have urinating area . I knew avics have it.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I want to apologize I stuck my foot in mouth. I should of asked if their was more NW genus other than psalmopoeus that didnt have urinating area . I knew avics have it.
I know its a typo but so damn funny :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
BTW I think Auto correct is the devil ....

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Ok so does it mean she’s stressed.
It just means she rubbed her hairs off.

I think they line their webbing with hairs as a defense mechanism, especially during pre-molt. When my first tarantula (an elderly Avicularia avicularia) passed away, I made the mistake of cleaning out her old webbing with my bare hands, because I was too lazy to put on gloves. My hands itched like crazy for two weeks.

Xenoking

Arachnopeon
Ok thanks for the info I think that she is probably in premolt so I’ll update u if she molts