Piebald!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Life Sciences, Astro, Computer sciences........... The planet just got a little smaller.
Around or about 50 years back at Cal Tech computer sciences got a super computer of the day up and running. Lots of debate on the name of one computer. Aurthur C. Clark was a frequent visitor there, primarily in Astro. The computer was a programmers dream, Heuristically programmed ALgorithm computer or HAL for short. No idea where the 9000 came from if this was in fact Ckark's inspiration. It was programmed to utilize algorithms to analyze and potentially explain odd natural phenomenon using it's primitive AI programming. And there was a pair of dalmatians some employee or alumni owned, a brother and sister, one normal white with black spots, the other black with white spots.

I always suspected the steam tunnels under Cal Tech were another inspiration of Clark's Space Odyssey. When the school was first built there was a labyrinth of concrete tunnels built under it where the steam pipes were ran to the various buildings from a massive boiler to heat the buildings. They were long abandoned and used to store one offs. Equipment specifically designed to aid in various experiments. Ownership and what to do with the equipment when the experiments were completed was fuzzy. They couldn't simply be carted off to a junk yard as many or most were owned, proprietary, and often parts of government secret experiments.. So they got shoved into the steam tunnels These tunnels and their occupant machinery was one of my favorite haunts. There was no map. I could crawl through the tunnels and eventually pop up in the sub basements of any of the buildings.

@viper69 Now you got me wondering about natural camouflage. https://www.cleggs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/bug-with-two-big-black-spots-on-back.jpg

Last edited:

jc55

Arachnoknight

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That was a pretty interesting read and it is wonderful how science and testing can lead to some amazing discoveries.Thanks for sharing the article.
I own a pied BP. Always thought it was interesting how their head pattern and colors are not affected.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Great article and good read.

In regards to ball pythons is the piebald morph really rare to make them more expensive or is it just the appeal of the colors?

I know nothing about ball pythons other than I've seen the price tags on piebald ball pythons.