Picks for next T?

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
The top three I narrowed it down to are the P. metallica, T stirmi and the B vagans. I like all three and own none of them so far but i want to see what you guys and gals think.

Thanks and have fun :D

Chris11

ArachnoBat
Well, what is your experience considering keeping spiders? If not much id say B. vagans or T. stirmi. If youve never owned an OW before and very much want one i HIGHLY suggest C. darlingi IMO the best starter OW genus. Stay away from pokies if you dont have personal run ins (keeping) fast spiders, they are lightning bolts with 10 very functional limbs and venom that would make Medusa squirm.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Except for the Brachypelma vagans you skipped in the beginning, you should take in consideration that pillager advice... build up your character skills, farming experience like crazy (stamina, strenght, faith etc) before facing fast light, speedy & potent venom monsters, including that giant hairy one.

u_u

Chris11

ArachnoBat
Except for the Brachypelma vagans you skipped in the beginning, you should take in consideration that pillager advice... build up your character skills, farming experience like crazy (stamina, strenght, faith etc) before facing fast light, speedy & potent venom monsters, including that giant hairy one.

u_u
Im guessing the "giant hairy one" is T. stirmi?? They are easy if you can get the ventilation and moisture to be copesetic.
After that just enough crickets to feed a small army :)

Chris11

ArachnoBat
Im guessing the "giant hairy one" is T. stirmi?? They are easy if you can get the ventilation and moisture to be copesetic.
After that just enough crickets to feed a small army :)
Not all spiders have the smooth, lady-like legs we both know and love :happy:

Chris11

ArachnoBat
Our beautiful Queen be praised! One day She will be all preteen boys fantasies!!!!

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Out of those I will suggest a C. darlingi. Especially if you don´t have any other baboon spiders. They are hardy and easy to care for. Unless you stick your finger into its burrow, you cannot go wrong ;).

crlovel

Arachnopeon
Every time Chris speaks, I'm hearing Vincent Price in Alice Cooper's The Black Widow.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Vagans for NW, darlingi for OW. Hold off on the others until you get more experience.

High Lord Dee

Arachnosquire
Out of those I will suggest a C. darlingi. Especially if you don´t have any other baboon spiders. They are hardy and easy to care for. Unless you stick your finger into its burrow, you cannot go wrong ;).
If you do decide to test the finger in the burrow theory, know that their venom is high on the list of potency for T's as well. :eek:

matypants

Arachnopeon
B. vagans. Grows to be fair sized. Black and red. Usually good eaters. Inexpensive (depending on size and gender). What's not to love?

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
My collection includes two A. Avics, G. rosea, A. geniculata and H. maculata, is that up to Pokie level yet? The C. Darlingi is one of my favorite picks also.

cold blood

Staff member
The top three I narrowed it down to are the P. metallica, T stirmi and the B vagans. I like all three and own none of them so far but i want to see what you guys and gals think.

Thanks and have fun :D
To me this is like saying I am thinking of either getting the BMW M5, the Bentley Continental GT, or a Kia solo_O....Whatever you get, just add the $3 vagans and the $10 darlingi to the order or ask for one of the cheap ones as a freebie.

I'd also give a slight edge to C. marshalli over darlingi.