Photos of some of my bugs

SEB

Arachnosquire
yeah, definitely not a burn victim or an old man.

Okay, so here is the ridiculous set up I use. Just so everyone can see its not always about who has the thousand dollar macro lens.

Camera body is used Canon Rebel XTI I bought on craigslist.

Lens set up is broken 50mm prime lens I won on Ebay for $9. I removed FD mounting ring and repaired shutter. Lens is reversed and taped onto extension tubes.

Flash is probably the nicest piece of equipment I own. I bought used on Craigslist for $180. It is 430EX. I made diffuser out of beer box, duct tape and wax paper. It work great.

SEB

Arachnosquire
When I woke up this morning, I went out to my balcony to do the usual watering and found quite a site. On one of my pitchers there is a deteriorated hole that had formed a few weeks ago and a fly had managed to get stuck in it. He had fallen into the pitcher like how it normally happens but this fly had found the hole. He was only able to fit the first half of his body though. Now the back half of him is being digested while the front half is out and so close to freedom. What a way to go.

Sarahmonster

Arachnopeon
Wow! I am amazed by these photos! I could stare at them all day. Really beautifully done. I'd love to have you knowledge on cameras to get shots like that. I'm sure it takes some skill! Hope to see more soon.

Oreo

Arachnocookie
Verry nice as always, some of the best macro pictures I've seen.