Phlogius Sp “Stents”

Oompoofishy

Arachnopeon

A Phlogius Sp. Stents (Juvie) arrived about a week a go and after rehousing it, it started building a curtain on one of the hides I put in for it. I was assuming it was going through a moult and let it be for about 2-3 days making sure that I misted the enclosure and had a water cup in case.

After the 3rd day, no movement at all and I got worried and pried open the curtain and it was just chilling inside. Offered a cricket but it didn’t react and I didn’t want to leave the cricket inside just in case.

Left it alone and it started fixing the curtain again. Its been a week since and I haven’t tried to look behind the curtain in case it was really in pre moult or something. I do check on it every morning, just to see if it’s out and about.

Is this normal settling down behaviour? What should I do? It’s abdomen, from what I remember, wasn’t fat and looked like it was in pre moult but I could be wrong because this Stents is pretty dark in colour.

TIA!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Its pretty normal behavior, dont worry about it. It may be nearing a molt, or might just want some privacy.

Either way, when tarantulas seal off their burrows, its a clear sign that they want to be left alone.