Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Phlogius sp. (?)
Kakadu national park, Australia

Last edited by a moderator:

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
JEEEEZ man those t's are great looking ive never seen anything like them in australia before, but ive never owned a t from kakadu either
Great pictures mate im stoked to know theres t's like that in my country :)

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
kyle_de_aussie said:
JEEEEZ man those t's are great looking ive never seen anything like them in australia before, but ive never owned a t from kakadu either
Great pictures mate im stoked to know theres t's like that in my country :)
Another brown to it? Sorry but they all look the same to me
;)
Nice pictures though!

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dunno if this is sarcasm or what lol, but if all you see is brown in this lot maybe you have some type of colour blindness

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Im refering to the first spider.
"Phlogius sp. (?)
Kakadu national park, Australia"
Are you saying its not brown?

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I missed the part where it said the others are from borneo at first glance and assumed they all mustve been from kakadu, sorry about that lelle my mistake
And that first ones definately brown i agree lol, its just not a brown ive ever seen on a phlogius or any aussie t more of a rust brown/orange-ish

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
kyle_de_aussie said:
I missed the part where it said the others are from borneo at first glance and assumed they all mustve been from kakadu, sorry about that lelle my mistake
And that first ones definately brown i agree lol, its just not a brown ive ever seen on a phlogius or any aussie t more of a rust brown/orange-ish
No worries. But you aussies must have the ability to see the most number of brown shades of all! ;)

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice :)
how big are they?
and have you tried to breed the "ex. Borneo" yet?

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
The genotype, a brownish/silverish Phlogius crassipes KOCH 1874 adult female from the central Qld coast, Australia.

Personally I don't believe the Phlogius are found outside of Australia, I think the others described under this genus, such as P.effera, P.hirtipes, P.honesta, P.imbellis (possibly what you have there, or a very close relative ;)), P.insignis, P.insulana, P.lanceolata, P.lanipes, P.mittmannae, P.orophila, P.papuana, P.similis and P.valida (currently all in the Selenocosmia) are closer related to what Raven calls Aussie "Phlogiellus", then the Phlogius material found on the central Qld Coast (with the exception of some populations around Nth Qld and in the NT).

Anyway, time will tell :)

Another Phlogius sp., this one form "Sarina":

Cheers,
Steve

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Upset Phlogius crassipes female, the jet black ventral colouration is diagnostic for the genus apparently.

Steve

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
{D wow,we need some of these in the uk,Steve send some over will ya mate:D beautiful spiders!!!

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
we need some in uk

{D wow,we need some of these in the uk,Steve send some over will ya mate:D beautiful spiders!!!

El Johano

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bearo said:
Nice :)
how big are they?
and have you tried to breed the "ex. Borneo" yet?
They are not big, maybe 10 cm in legspan, the one from Australia slightly larger.

Not yet, the male just matured 5 days ago.

Steve Nunn said:
Hi,
Can you get a ventral shot??
Nope, sorry. But I've got the exact location in case you want to go and check it out...:)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
another shot of this girl

hopefully will have a mature male for her in the very near future :]

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ultimate male :cool:
Oh man!Nice one Tom!!
Are your females of breedable size yet?How big is that male anyways?I've only managed to sex one of my sub-adults as male so far but I'm unsure if hes pen-ultimate or not.I'm under the impression that these mature at rather small sizes.Let me know if you can send him over here when your done ;]
My girls pretty big round 6"+
-Chris