Phidippus regius phase ID?

spigy

Arachnopeon
Hi, this spider was sold to me as a (I believe wild caught) P regius. I snagged a few regius from the same seller and all look like normal phases except for this girl. I don't have a dls but she was definitely on the larger side compared to other P regius. If anyone has seen this phase before and knows anything about the locality, or the possibility of her being a hybrid, please let me know! She has recently passed away but I do have slings from her that are developing well.
IMG_20220526_210639_697~2.jpg DSC_0763~2.JPG DSC_0749.JPG

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Hi, this spider was sold to me as a (I believe wild caught) P regius. I snagged a few regius from the same seller and all look like normal phases except for this girl. I don't have a dls but she was definitely on the larger side compared to other P regius. If anyone has seen this phase before and knows anything about the locality, or the possibility of her being a hybrid, please let me know! She has recently passed away but I do have slings from her that are developing well.
View attachment 424695 View attachment 424696 View attachment 424697
You have answered you’re own question! 😁
If she had slings, that means she is an adult.

spigy

Arachnopeon
You have answered you’re own question! 😁
If she had slings, that means she is an adult.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that could be misread. I think a better term than phase would have been locality. I've never seen a P regius that looked like her and was wondering if anyone had more info! Thanks though

spigy

Arachnopeon
shes just a normal dark regius :) very pretty!
Thank you for the response! I've just never seen others with her coloration when you pull up photos of dark regius. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right areas. Good to know.

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
Thank you for the response! I've just never seen others with her coloration when you pull up photos of dark regius. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right areas. Good to know.
they have so much natural variation! its really interesting. afterall "locales" are also just normal regius but they ended up developing a little differently in a specific place. but they are not much different from each other! like a long haired cat and a short haired cat, its just a visual difference. regius are one of few sp with such a wide array of appearances, unlike tarantulas which are so uniform. you can find a lot of really unique regius in color and pattern. yours is definitely ultra dark, which is rarer to see, but its one of myriad colors they can come in!

spigy

Arachnopeon
they have so much natural variation! its really interesting. afterall "locales" are also just normal regius but they ended up developing a little differently in a specific place. but they are not much different from each other! like a long haired cat and a short haired cat, its just a visual difference. regius are one of few sp with such a wide array of appearances, unlike tarantulas which are so uniform. you can find a lot of really unique regius in color and pattern. yours is definitely ultra dark, which is rarer to see, but its one of myriad colors they can come in!
They're a really interesting species in that way. I'm excited to see what her slings end up looking like!

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Luckily their patterns stay mostly the same, or else ID would be difficult! Lol

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Her chelicerae were beautiful. I love these spiders. RIP