Pede ID

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
Is this, as I suspect, Rhysida Longipes? Bought a few months back as a Scolopendra subspinipes 'pling, but I think its a. "minor blue leg".....appox. 3.5", slow grow over 6 months....
Rhysida Longipes more then likely, can you get me a picture of its side?

arachnothing

Arachnopeon
It is being uncooperative. Go figure. Hehehe. Im 90% sure it is longipes. Dont know why the guy thought it necessary to lie. Good looking pede.... 20150917_073331~2.jpg

Last edited:

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
It is being uncooperative. Go figure. Hehehe. Im 90% sure it is longipes. Dont know why the guy thought it necessary to lie. Good looking pede.... View attachment 139088
That's no big deal, I'm 90% sure it's Longipes just wanted to see its side to be sure but I can say the color is defiantly not Subspinipes. He lied I'm sure because he knew those are small pedes, 4" max and are way cheaper then a Subspinipes so if he told you it's a bigger species you were more likely to buy it and pay more too. Basically he lied to rip you off. I love Rhysida though, real handleable pedes, super pretty coloration and they usually can't puncture your skin to inject venom so no risk of bites.

arachnothing

Arachnopeon
Its maxed out in size then. I paid $15 for it, and i have enjoyed it. It is a looker! Lol.the blue streak legs were what clued me in to longipes. Seeing what it does to its meals, i' ll take your word on it not being able to tag me....

Last edited:

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
Its maxed out in size then. I paid $15 for it, and i have enjoyed it. It is a looker! Lol.the blue streak legs were what clued me in to longipes. Seeing what it does to its meals, i' ll take your word on it not being able to tag me....
Well as long as you like it that's all that matters! $15 would have been wary cheap for Subspinipes, If you're ever in the market for a way bigger pede for cheap, pm me and I'll get you hooked up with something cool.

zhangjunduo

Arachnopeon
I'm sure it is a Rhysida longipes, and can't grow as large as Scolopendra subspinipes.

this is my Rhysida longipes
P1140696.jpg