Paruroctonus Boreus

Moshtico

Arachnopeon
So yesterday I went to pick up a Paruroctonus Boreus. When I got there he had probably around 80. Now last I heard it was illegal to sell US native scorpions, but being in Ohio I was willing to pay the $5 he was asking for one. After some talking with him he ended up giving me two for my $5. So here are my two new additions, and here's hoping I got a pair I can mate. IMG_20171015_220337484.jpg IMG_20171015_220329908.jpg

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Fabulous price you got for a neat scorpion. They are overlooked at times in the hobby. I keep quite a few and they are very easy to care for.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I would separate them though until you attempt to mate them as they will cannibalize.

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Get a pic side by side from above and Erik or i can easily sex them for you. Females tend to be bigger and more robust then males. Male are small and slender. I like the coloration of yours.

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And Erik is right. They will kill each other in a sec. So i would separate then asap

Jay Sav

Arachnopeon
Neat little guys. I love em. I didn't think it was illegal to sell U.S native scorps, though I've heard about having to get a "Scientific Collection Permit" if you plan on breeding what you catch:rolleyes:. Anyway, I hope they take to their new homes nicely.

Moshtico

Arachnopeon
Headed to the store tonight so I will pick up another enclosure and separate them as soon as I get back. When I got them he had about 80 of them all in a 10 gallon tank.

Moshtico

Arachnopeon
They are in separate enclosures now, they seem to be doing great. Gave everything crickets and they went right at them. I tried to get top down shots of each but I don't think they turned out too great, probably not good enough to sex them. IMG_20171018_124542636.jpg IMG_20171018_124549278.jpg

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
Honestly, I am not aware of any laws whatsoever regarding the collection/sale of US scorpions.

Paruroctonus is such a fun, large genus. Congrats on the great price on some awesome scorpions!!

Kayden

Arachnopeon
I'm Canadian and looking to collect one of these guys! Could I get some tips on where to find them in the wild. I've read that they're nocturnal so I'm assuming looking during the night would be best. My main concern is where to actually look for them. Under large rocks or logs?