Parasites??

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
Hey, so I was checking up on my T’s, when I noticed my P lugardi was not only out and about, but also curled up (last molt was late September) and I started to worry. I’ve only fed it super worms and it never had a problem eating even when in premolt but this time it almost crawled a few steps and then stopped moving. I got it as an adult and it has molted twice in my care. I don’t think it’s old age so the only other thing that comes to mind is parasites. Thoughts?
i keep the super worms in an old shoebox with some oatmeal. None of my other spiders are showing any problems or any signs of abnormality other than my P irminia which I found taking a little stroll but it was active and not curled up at all

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I don’t normally put a water dish with it cuz I live in a very humid environment but I’ll give that a shot
Still needs a water dish, always. If it’s lethargic and unresponsive. Carefully flip it over and apply drops of water to its mouth.

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
Still needs a water dish, always. If it’s lethargic and unresponsive. Carefully flip it over and apply drops of water to its mouth.
😬😬😬 I’ve never done anything like that before. Any tips?

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Also it looks like to me that it has tall surface to climb i think,i wouldnt rule out a fatal fall.

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
Also it looks like to me that it has tall surface to climb i think,i wouldnt rule out a fatal fall.
Possibly, but idts. It hardly moves around at all. Basically a pet rock. Even while feeding it’ll slowly walk up to the worm and slowly grab it. Never once seen it bolt or pounce or threat pose or anything rlly

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Possibly, but idts. It hardly moves around at all. Basically a pet rock. Even while feeding it’ll slowly walk up to the worm and slowly grab it. Never once seen it bolt or pounce or threat pose or anything rlly
Honestly... I’d argue it’s dehydrated. You can either put its mouth parts over a water dish. Or do as I said earlier. Carefully flip it on back and put water drops on its mouth. That easy.

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
Honestly... I’d argue it’s dehydrated. You can either put its mouth parts over a water dish. Or do as I said earlier. Carefully flip it on back and put water drops on its mouth. That easy.
Okay i did that and there’s a small bubble over it’s fangs and it squirmed around a bit. It won’t drown will it???

Poonjab

Arachnoking
No, it won’t drown. They have book lungs my guy. Put a water dish in there and if you feel more comfortable, putty’s its mouth parts over the dish.

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
No, it won’t drown. They have book lungs my guy. Put a water dish in there and if you feel more comfortable, putty’s its mouth parts over the dish.
I already flipped it over and put water in it’s mouth and I put a Gatorade cap with some water. Do I flip it back over and put it by the cap?

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
does it appear it drank the water?
It did a little bit there’s still a bubble of water over it’s mouth. I used a straw and put my finger over one end to deliver the water and I put a bit too much

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It did a little bit there’s still a bubble of water over it’s mouth. I used a straw and put my finger over one end to deliver the water and I put a bit too much
Hard to say man. The pic you posted didn’t look good if I’m being honest. The position it was in is referred to as a death curl. If I were to make an educated guess based on pic and info alone, I’d say dehydration. You can flip back over and put mouth over water dish and hope it drinks and recovers if it’s not too far gone.

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
Hard to say man. The pic you posted didn’t look good if I’m being honest. The position it was in is referred to as a death curl. If I were to make an educated guess based on pic and info alone, I’d say dehydration. You can flip back over and put mouth over water dish and hope it drinks and recovers if it’s not too far gone.
Yea Ik it doesn’t look good. I got it from a local exotic pet store last October

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Yea Ik it doesn’t look good. I got it from a local exotic pet store last October
Just supply water and continue to observe. I’m sure others will be along to offer other advice. Only other thing that pops into my mind is that it was mature male and at end of the line. But I can’t tell from pic.

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
Just supply water and continue to observe. I’m sure others will be along to offer other advice. Only other thing that pops into my mind is that it was mature male and at end of the line. But I can’t tell from pic.
I don’t think it’s a male simply by its not leggy and I haven’t seen it move around. Like, at all. But I can’t confirm tho cuz all its molts are in its burrow

I THINK IT WORKED ITS MOVING AROUND NOW!!!