Parabuthus Liosoma Gestation

ectic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

I have this gravid Female Parabuthus Liosoma since May and it was gravid when I got it. You can see the babies and she is really really FAT.

It also have a Mycosis that I can't get rid of on 1 leg since I got her. Anyone knows how long is their gestation and "Birth Period" because That Mycosis seems to keep progressing even if the enclosure is really dry. Hope She will make it untill the birth so I will be able to amputate her from that leg without making kill the babies ...

This is one of my main concern since I notice she add mycosis when I got home with it.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It depends on temps. I had P transvaalicus babies recently with one having a gestation of 7 months while the other at almost 11 months at 80-85F. I would say liosoma is about the same.

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Why does Parabuthus gestation take so long!! I have had a gravid Liosoma for ages it seems, i guess more like 9 months. It sure makes you anxious for the birth though. It seems like all of my more rare spp belonging to androctonus and parabuthus take forever during gestation :wall:

cheers
steve

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Androctonus has been much more difficult for me than Parabuthus. I am cooling mine off this Winter to see if that makes a difference. I also think very hot temps might make a difference as well.

ectic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've Already tried the hot ones :)

I guess nature has to take its time. This probably won't be too long since I can see the babies for a while now and the female is so fat. One day or another whether it will blow up or pop out.