Pandinus imperator : Pandinus cavimanus : Hadrurus arizonensis

david31337

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have an emp scorp in a big tank, is there any other of the above that I can keep in with it? There is no way I want it to die I've had it for ages! Just wonderin if I can spice up that tank coz he dosen't like moving much :p

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Dude are you serious? :? {D

Get another Emp!

H. Arizonensis is a desert species from North America!!! You can't put that in a tank with tropical conditions and a huge, robust Emp! It wouldn't last a day...

Cavimanus is very aggressive compared to a usual Emp. They will scrap and one of them will be killed or severely injured.

You shouldn't keep two species in the same tank, unless they are partitioned.

? :confused:

david31337

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool thanks, is there a sutible scorp that can be kept with an emp? or should i stick to emps like u say?

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have mixed cavimanus and emps before with no problems. Just make sure they are all about the same size and are fed well.

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, the red claw is an option in theory, but really... the best bet is to keep emps with emps and red claws with red claws. They will end up fighting I think... I mean, emps fight each other at some point, but red claws can sting alot more and be far more aggressive on the whole.

If you do mix them take the man's advice and make sure they are well fed, of equal size and provide more than one hide. That said, I wouldn't mix them, but I am funny like that :).

Definitely do not mix a desert species with a tropical one (twice it's size!) though :embarrassed:.

As I always say ... goodluck... ;)

david31337

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will try mix red claws and emps and keep a close eye on them, if i see fighting then the partition can come down. I'll let u know how it goes for future refrence. thank you!! :)

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
david31337 said:
I will try mix red claws and emps and keep a close eye on them, if i see fighting then the partition can come down. I'll let u know how it goes for future refrence. thank you!! :)
I had a P. cavimanus become a meal for 3 P. imperators before, just to warn you of the risks. And, if or when this happens, it will most likely be at night when you aren't watching. I would suggest that you keep specimens of the same species together and not go mixing or experimenting. Or divide the tank right from the start and save yourself a loss. :D

david31337

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the warning, I've been doin some reading on this and it seems people have a lot of diffrent results with mixing scorps. Seems the emps eat most things coz of their size, but others say they have mixed them and there have been no probs. Think i'll stay on the safe side ;)

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i dont think keeping the three together would work out. if i were you, i wont take a chance on this. you'll risk the life of your scorps if you put the 3 different species together. better be safe than sorry. :)

david31337

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got 2 red claws and put them in partitioned tank, but they look like they are fighting one just used it's stinger on the other one! I've only got one hide. should i split them, or let them settle in a bit more? They have been with each other for an hour.
THanks

david31337

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it's easily big enough for 2 hides, it's a 34 inch glass aqaurium. I'll put in another 2 hides and see if that helps! thanks :)

Predator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you sure they are fighting or mating? I have owned 5 red red claws and 1 emp and had them all in the same tank years ago. The emp was smaller than the red claws and never had a problem. With emps I havent figured out why you would need more than one burrow because I have yet to see them ever choose their own. They always all go in one burrow.