Genus Pamphobeteus

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,thanks for your comments.anyone got any idea what this is??? i bought it as P.antinous,but it doesnt look like any antinous ive seen,i think its male,and is due to moult anytme now.if he matures with nice blue legs,then hopefully it is antinous.just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this for me???

cheers...Neil
My antinous was that funky brown color before she molted. I think they get that way when they fade. She is now a beautiful black/steely gray.

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi again,well time will tell what the spider is whetr its Antinous or not??
Hi Fritz...what do you think the spider is if its not P.nigricolor??
cheers...Neil

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just cant wait till Saturday, when my P.antinous and third "platyomma" will be delivered (along with 1,1 E murinus and a A versicolor).
Will post pics{D :}

Regards Mikael

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Fritz,thanks for posting a pic of your P.nigricolor...theres a big difference between mine and yours!!! looks like ill be looking for the real P.nigricolor then!!! i have a subadult male here which i hope will mature soon...need to get a female :wall:
cheers...Neil

Fritz1000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Fritz,thanks for posting a pic of your P.nigricolor...theres a big difference between mine and yours!!! looks like ill be looking for the real P.nigricolor then!!! i have a subadult male here which i hope will mature soon...need to get a female :wall:
cheers...Neil
Then ... good luck.

Pamphobeteus spec "Machala" Sling

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My new "platyomma" female:

And tho only shot i could get of the new antinous, pissed off and ready to strike deep in her den {D :

Regards Mikael

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice Mikael...how big is she??cant wait to see your pics of the Antinous out in the open.
cheers...Neil

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought her from a friend i trust, so I havent forced her out to see, but I were told shes aproxemately 5-6 centimeters (bodylength).
Regards Mikael

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How big can Santo Domingo Goliath's get?

Your answer: :)

Last edited:

Fritz1000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
1.1 Pamphobeteus spec "goliath"

@darmok

looks like your P. "platyomma" is a P. fortis...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Fritz.
very nice pictures,is this a recent mating?? any udea of when slings will be available?? been after some of these for a while,but cant seem to find any!!!
would be great to be given an oppurtunity to buy some of these.
good luck.
Neil

Fritz1000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Fritz.
very nice pictures,is this a recent mating?? any udea of when slings will be available?? been after some of these for a while,but cant seem to find any!!!
would be great to be given an oppurtunity to buy some of these.
good luck.
Neil
Hello Neil,

yes this is a recent mating (10/08).

I don't now, if the female build a kokon ;)

Greeting

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@Spiders4Life

looks like your P. "platyomma" is a P. fortis...

I dont think so, if you are right i really doubt what the 4 spiders who are labelled as fortis in my collection (and dosnt look loke this one) are :rolleyes:

Last edited:

neilhayles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Fritz,well goodluck and fingers crossed for an eggsac.i would be very interested in slings if you are succesfull.
Neil

darmok

Arachnopeon
I dont think so, if you are right i really doubt what the 4 spiders who are labelled as fortis in my collection (and dosnt look loke this one) are :rolleyes:
Hello spiders4life

could you please post some pictures of your P. fortis' girls?!

My P. "platyomma" (as "that" I have received her) looks like this. But I'm not sure if she couldn't be a P. spec. south equador, they look so similar.

this photo was taken about 3-4 weeks after molt. Directly after molt she was almost completely black coloured.

Darmok

db321

Arachnopeon
Hi Darmok here is a pic of my P. fortis famale

also here is a pic of my "P. platyomma" molting and going through the colour change

although as I have been told in another forum platyomma is no longer a valid sp(long story)

Last edited: