Pamphobeteus sp. "Platyomma" color morphs

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Im not positive either. He sure looks it. I will have to get some new pics of my female. If we are lucky, maybe your male will work for my female in the future.
I'm not sure but my male P. platyomma might be an orange form.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Message sent to "the man" waiting to see what he says about it. Hope its a bright variant. That would be a good thing.

Wlapkiewicz

Arachnopeon
My male P. platyomma is still alive so if you are interested in breeding just let me know.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I will. Im gonna wait and see what this guy has to say about it. He has some himself. He should be able to help us out on your male. Thanks.
My male P. platyomma is still alive so if you are interested in breeding just let me know.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well my girl molted today. She looks alot different from her normal orange coloring. Im gonna miss the orange, but this new coloring is quite beautiful. The molt is 7", big girl.

With flash

With flash

Without flash

With flash

Without flash

---------- Post added 03-07-2013 at 04:06 PM ----------

Akwardly her carpace cap was in a unusual spot. Never seen this before.

This is the best pic i could get of her spermetheca. Would love to actually find out what species she truly is.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Im still dieing to know what this female is. Ive seen pics of ultramurinus that look close, pics of vespertinus that look close. Weird how she was super orange when i got her, then molted to a ultramurinus look, and then molted to another look. Anyone out there that has a remote clue of what she is?

Keith B

Arachnobaron
The Pamphobeteus genus makes me want to slam my head on the desk.. REPEATEDLY... whenever I try to find anything out beyond a doubt. There's nothing but tons of doubts... From what I've seen around, yours looks lovely and unique, but more like "platyomma" than any other Pampho I know of. It's likely yours could be a pretty color variant, or yet another sp. "whotheheckknowsrly". The other one posted on this thread I'm skeptical of. His looks to me like one of the described species, but I forget which right now.. Still, Pampho is so screwed up right now, that even if we could say it's platyomma, we still wouldn't really know what it was, would we? lol.. Just gotta kind of love it for what it is I guess.. Sucks you don't have pics of it at previous stages so I can compare to mine. Mine's 3" right now, past being a orange tree-butt and in round one of the "adult color rollercoaster" lol. All signs point to male. I'm 99.999995% sure that's what he is.

yay 021.jpg stufffff 058.jpg

I love this last one. Tryin' to be all low and sneaky.. yeah.. I caught ya! He is super sneaky though. He moves and I rarely catch him. I only notice the location change when I look back lol

stufffff 020.jpg

Keith B

Arachnobaron
I love the colors on yours btw. So unique! From the looks of it, maybe if I can crossbreed this one with a B. boehmei I might get one with some light colors like that :p I kid I kid

McGuiverstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My knowledge of Pamphos is ultra-limited, so I can't be of any help. Just wanted to say that you have an awesome looking spider there catfish. The carapace color and fade is cool as hell. Best wishes on finding out what she is. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to want to breed her, but not know for certain what she is..